Karma before and after her fall

Kay's critters

Screenshot_20200729-202707.png

you will need a very good chameleon vet. She looks like she dosent have long left. Whats up with her legs? it looks like she mightve broke all her ribs too. How far did she fall from?

I took her to the only CHAMELEON vet in my state and tried to call another that was out of state she uses flukers Day time heat light she uses zilla Slimline desert 50 UVB I give the crickets Flukers orange cube complete cricket diet and Flukers cricket quencher I dust the crickets with Flukers calcium before I feed them she gets five a day she lives in the Zoo med Repti breeze terrarium

She fell from the top branch in her terrarium which is very high but didn't fall far because I put my hand out and caught her but I don't think that was the first fall (the one that injured her) Unfortunately she can't climb right now she can't even really stand up I thought she was dead when I saw her this morning she barley moves at all I think she may have fallen again last night she was trying so hard to climb but she couldn't keep her balance ?

is it a 2x2x4? If you caught her then i would expect her to be that injured. My panther has fallen before from like almost 5 feet and was fine. on the other hand my veiled fell from 4 feet and broke 8 ribs but is still fine. strange. Maybe her bones were weaker from incorrect supplements or uvb. What supplements were you using and what uvb (be as specific as you can) was she using? also photos of her enclosure would help

I took her to the only CHAMELEON vet in my state and tried to call another that was out of state she uses flukers Day time heat light she uses zilla Slimline desert 50 UVB I give the crickets Flukers orange cube complete cricket diet and Flukers cricket quencher I dust the crickets with Flukers calcium before I feed them she gets five a day she lives in the Zoo med Repti breeze terrarium

Im so sorry about Karma. What did the Chameleon vet in your state say? Why did you feel you needed a second opinion ? As AmandaS and NashansCamos have said create a hospital tub.. so she can no longer fall. I would give her more branches to support her and try and make her as comfortable as possible. I think the single vine is putting her poor body in a really uncomfortable position and right now we want to try and remove any other stresses on her body.

Sory this took me so long so Karma has been diagnosed with MBD and possibly broken ribs and many even a fractured spine she is not doing well I did make her a hospital bin one question should I have a heat lamp directly shining on the towels on the bottom of the bin is it safe? Also to answer your questions the picture where she is uninjured was taken two days before she fell she is barely moving currently and close to unrisponsive I had and surenge feed her now
IMG_20200805_070726860.jpg

Back
Top Bottom