Kammy Leone

BJ Vynz

Some time back I posted my hello, I bought two baby female veiled chameleons.
At the time, I had ironically bought 2 because I didn't want one to be lonely :oops:

Since then I gave one to a good friend of mine who's been keeping her well and shows me pictures of her every now and then. She is doing well and growing nice and plump!

The one I kept I named Kammy Leone, simple but I felt it sounded cute.

I don't have a good camera yet but at some point I want to take more awesome pictures. In the mean time, here's the first pic I showed back when:
bOZ9tyI.jpg

This is how she's looking now:
sFGeurJ.jpg

She was gonna sleep soon, so she was chillin' in the shade.

First I accidentally took a picture with flash, she wasn't very happy lol
4c9c820d-2294-445c-b85a-f167fd887af7
r9vewnv.jpg
At least it came out more clear :)

I'm not entirely sure how old she was when I bought her, but she is about two months old.

As Kammy reached her fourth month I thought I'd post another picture. :)
Before now she looked more or less the same as before.
rDsNLkk.jpg

I'm not so sure anymore if it's female. It developed little spurs on its feet and I'm keeping an eye on the other signs. If it's male I will re-name it, but for now 'she' is still Kammy.

Last edited:
As Kammy reached her fourth month I thought I'd post another picture. :)
Before now she looked more or less the same as before.
rDsNLkk.jpg

I'm not so sure anymore if it's female. It developed little spurs on its feet and I'm keeping an eye on the other signs. If it's male I will re-name it, but for now 'she' is still Kammy.
I'm thinking the casque looks male. Can you post a picture of the back of the back feet?

Is this your Cham or a stock photo? If it is yours, then yes, that is a male.
That's my cham, just put some text on it with Paint.
Okay, thanks for your feedback I appreciate it! Good to know before I buy the adult cage soon, so I know what I need and don't need (like the laying bin).

Then as of now his name is Kham Leone, but I will still call him Kammy :)

Took a picture as he got ready for sleep. I like his sleep colors :)
ySdMIU1.jpg

There you can see the texture I hand-sawed then sanded on the big sticks. Those were very smooth before and they functioned more as a slide. Now he sometimes sleeps confidently on the more vertical one.

It's now 6 months since I got him as a baby. I always wanted one of these as a child, Kammy is my favorite pet.

How old before a veiled chams sex can be noticed? I thought my girl veiled was female but after reading this I'm confused. Do they grow spurs as they get older?

The easiest rule you can see in a hatchling is that if it has spurs it is male, if not it is female.

Nature is messy though. Some females can have spurs, and some males like mine don't have noticeable spurs until a bit late. Maybe some don't even get any, but I'm not sure.

I read somewhere that by 4 months you can be certain of their sex.

By 4 months Kammy had spurs, a very tall crest, and vertical stripes. These are typical male signs. I guess the only thing that would prove these expectations wrong is if your cham laid an egg haha.

The easiest rule you can see in a hatchling is that if it has spurs it is male, if not it is female.

Nature is messy though. Some females can have spurs, and some males like mine don't have noticeable spurs until a bit late. Maybe some don't even get any, but I'm not sure.

I read somewhere that by 4 months you can be certain of their sex.

By 4 months Kammy had spurs, a very tall crest, and vertical stripes. These are typical male signs. I guess the only thing that would prove these expectations wrong is if your cham laid an egg haha.
Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom