Juvenile Nosy Be Not Eating

Hail3yNo3lle

Hello everyone!

I am new to the cham world and purchased a WC Nosy Be Panther Chameleon about a month ago. For the first three weeks, he was eating well as a juvenile should but now he won't touch food and hasn't for over a week and a half.

I have tried introducing various kinds of food including, hornworms, silkworms and superworms (which he has happily devoured in the past) to no avail. His tank temperature and humidity are thoroughly monitored, and he isn't showing signs of shedding at the moment. He has been mainly darker over the last week or so, I have attached a current photo beside his typical colours.

I now know that WC have a high likelihood of parasites and if I could go back in time, I would have purchased CB. Could it be a possibility that he is suffering from some form of parasite?

TYI for your assistance!

Attachments

• 20220808_193712.jpg
    20220808_193712.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9938.jpg
    IMG_9938.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 61
It's likely he does have parasites, being WC. But it's hard to pinpoint why he has slowed down with eating-could be a lot of things. I'll ask why you're considering him a juvenile? He looks pretty near full grown to me and has at the least reached sexual maturity if not final adult size.

It's likely he does have parasites, being WC. But it's hard to pinpoint why he has slowed down with eating-could be a lot of things. I'll ask why you're considering him a juvenile? He looks pretty near full grown to me and has at the least reached sexual maturity if not final adult size.
I was told he is a juvenile around 7 months of age.

Back
Top Bottom