Juvenile cage size

BryanP

Avid Member
Hello,

I am hoping to get a chameleon this weekend at my local reptile show and they are typically under 6 months of age... I have an 18lx18wx24h that I have all ready to go while I make my larger 2ftx2ftx4ft cage.

I am wondering if that 18x18x24 is going to be ok for him while I build the cage over the next month or so, get it all set up and built out...

Thanks

Its a panther chameleon so its not one of the large species but yes, I am in the process of making the cage so its just a matter of finishing it up but wanted to spend the week setting it up now so that I can get him in when I get home while I finish the larger one.

As just a temporary enclosure for a baby, I think it’ll be ok. The smaller size may actually help for you to monitor him closely and make sure he moves well and his poops and urates are normal. Just make sure not to buy a cham under around 3 months old and most important of all…you must post pics of your new baby once you get him/her. :)

Hello,

I am hoping to get a chameleon this weekend at my local reptile show and they are typically under 6 months of age... I have an 18lx18wx24h that I have all ready to go while I make my larger 2ftx2ftx4ft cage.
If the cham is in that 3-6 month age range, it should be fine for a month or two, which should give you time to set up, establish your microclimates, and debug any problems. Some suggest a month to "get the non-feeder bugs out" which was just about right when I got my panther.

Might be a good time to review the material on picking one:

Purchasing A Chameleon

Chameleon Health

Back
Top Bottom