just wrecked my truck :(

reptilover

Had a fine citizen pull from the shoulder of a hwy. Across my lane at an angle. Hit my front passanger fender/door into his drivers door at 55 mph. And just about flipped me then he took off.. my truck not being driveable didn't catch him nor did the police. Find out tomorrow if I have uninsured motorist cause I'm so poorly unorganized can't find my policy!

Pics tomorrow.. one I got is bad my flash broke and flashlight sucks..

My purrty pic up before and wat I could get of after.. oh btw sore neck but so far I'm fine.
IMAG0571.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

Wow sorry to hear you hit a jackass. Probably a drunk driver judging by you hitting them and then running away, but good thing you weren't hurt! Hope your week gets better man!

Aww nooo! Whatta Jackass! I hate incosiderate people!

Whats the damage on the truck? Is the chassis ok? That's a real nice truck, I hope it's not too badly damaged!

well that just sucks!!! I was sideswiped by a hit and run driver but I chased her down and caught her!! It was a crazy chase and looking back I should have never done it. She had also rearended another person before me and was trying to get away and then struck me. They were also chasing her down and she finally pulled into a residential neighborhood and gave up. Turns out she had insurance so I don't know why the heck she took off. I got all my damage paid for thank god. I hope you have uninsured motorists!!!

Oh that does suck! I had the same thing happen to my wife some lady crossed a construction lane with barricades and side swipe the pilot :( and she tried to get away but her car was way too damaged she only got like a mile away.... cops couldn't find her until the ambulance saw her stuck in a ditch.

oh no!! ive almost been in quite a few accident because of people being morons...i really hope your covered, and that jackass gets caught :mad: hit and runs are never acceptable. im also glad that you seem to be okay physically...

So sorry that you were hit and run into like that. Hope your neck feels better and that the insurance comes through for you!

You're either very lucky or a good driver to have kept your truck upright and have it not been worse. So while that sucks good job on not sitting in the ICU right now! Getting your front end clipped with enough force to do that damage and that speed and staying straight is impressive.

Good thing you didn't or weren't able to chase them. We're not all as hardcore as Carol chasing down criminals! ha haa

Really though for anyone else who might get something similar just start drilling into your mind "Licence Plate, Color, Make, Model" If you can get that info they will catch them. Even a partial plate is sometimes enough.

Sorry about your truck!! Glad you weren't injured!!

I was clipped here in Canada at a merge lane, got all the info(make/model/plate/driver description) then drove the hour to report it because the lady that hit me drove away. Absolutely nothing happened...they called her and she didn't answer her phone...never sent a car to her house or anything. I could pay out of pocket with the chance my insurance company tracks her down better than the cops, then I would be reimbursed.

Seems the message they got across to me was NEVER stop if you are at fault!!:rolleyes: Sometimes the system sucks as bad as the loser that can't own up to what he/she has done.

That's sucky! Probably a drunk, uninsured motorist or an illegal. Or a combination of all three! :mad: Sorry, buddy. Glad you're alive!! :D

You're either very lucky or a good driver to have kept your truck upright and have it not been worse. So while that sucks good job on not sitting in the ICU right now! Getting your front end clipped with enough force to do that damage and that speed and staying straight is impressive.

Good thing you didn't or weren't able to chase them. We're not all as hardcore as Carol chasing down criminals! ha haa

Really though for anyone else who might get something similar just start drilling into your mind "Licence Plate, Color, Make, Model" If you can get that info they will catch them. Even a partial plate is sometimes enough.

Yea I mean im an auto technician with a love of fast exotic cars so I understand the physics of controling a car well. And my trucking being a small Toyota hitting a chevy blazer 98-2001 champagne. It jumped up on two wheels and I turned into it and kept it on the ground then avoided a few trees . Bent my control arms pretty good so I wasnt chasing anyone. Even if it drove straight I wouldnt of chased em. Don't wanna risk further damage. As far as me. Tight. Back rough neck pain. And my insurance isn't there. Liability only

Yea I mean im an auto technician with a love of fast exotic cars so I understand the physics of controling a car well. And my trucking being a small Toyota hitting a chevy blazer 98-2001 champagne. It jumped up on two wheels and I turned into it and kept it on the ground then avoided a few trees . Bent my control arms pretty good so I wasnt chasing anyone. Even if it drove straight I wouldnt of chased em. Don't wanna risk further damage. As far as me. Tight. Back rough neck pain. And my insurance isn't there. Liability only

Having been on two wheels more times than I like to admit good job!

Having also tweaked my back and talking to guys who play demolition derby and are constantly tweaking their backs it is most often the muscles and not a real spine problem so stretching and back exercises can clear it up for free surprisingly fast. Try not to get sucked in the chiropractor, they seem to make you feel better immediately but then have to go back often it is a money pit that simple back exercises can fix. That is just my observation from all my friends that swear by them... Never seems to fix anything because they always have to go back! And if it doesn't get better get evaluated by a real MD with Xrays and such to make sure there is no spine damage...

Auto Technicians are a tough lot I'm sure you'll be fine, and also you can probably fix most of the real damage yourself at least...

Having been on two wheels more times than I like to admit good job!

Having also tweaked my back and talking to guys who play demolition derby and are constantly tweaking their backs it is most often the muscles and not a real spine problem so stretching and back exercises can clear it up for free surprisingly fast. Try not to get sucked in the chiropractor, they seem to make you feel better immediately but then have to go back often it is a money pit that simple back exercises can fix. That is just my observation from all my friends that swear by them... Never seems to fix anything because they always have to go back! And if it doesn't get better get evaluated by a real MD with Xrays and such to make sure there is no spine damage...

Auto Technicians are a tough lot I'm sure you'll be fine, and also you can probably fix most of the real damage yourself at least...

Ur very right. Bumper I can do with brackets and fender no problem control arms easy. Then the door and bed ill have to have a body guy do down the road.
And yea I'm a 23 auto tech. And back feels tight but I'm sure it'll be okay!
258.jpg

So sorry bout your truck! People are stupid! I hope your neck feels better and the insurance pulls through!!!

Oh no. Insurance is a no go. I'll be upping my coverage soon but I don't have uninsured. And my insurance company is a high risk shotty company. Pemco, state farm, and progressive all kicked me off because of speeding tickets Haha... First crash though! and at no fault to me.. and i was even doing the speed limit!

So sorry bout your truck! People are stupid! I hope your neck feels better and the insurance pulls through!!!

Oh no. Insurance is a no go. I'll be upping my coverage soon but I don't have uninsured. And my insurance company is a high risk shotty company. Pemco, state farm, and progressive all kicked me off because of speeding tickets Haha... First crash though! and at no fault to me.. and i was even doing the speed limit!

Since I don't even drive at all, let alone in the US where uninsured drivers are even more of a hazard I can't really say anything except the main thing is you're ok.......
Bad news about the costs though - will be even more than my next dentist appointment :D

haha! I was in my 20's when I did that and I was 6 months pregnant too! Crazy things we do when we are young!!!! had I not chased her down I would have eaten the damage, so it all ended up well, but I would not recommend it to anyone!!!

Good news my underinsured motorist will cover it fully. As in there gonns total the truck and give me cash. Which case ill fix it myself at a discounted rate and come out with somr cash for my wedding next month!

Oh and side note I LITERALLY JUST NOW got the call... Mistking is at my moms :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom