Just wanted to show off my T-Rex

herpluva

I am not sure if I have put my guy up here before but I thought I would show him off. He is a little irritated because I brought him in yesterday for the winter. He will go out during the day but just till about 5pm. I know its a little over kill on the plants but its the only way to keep a decent humidity indoors here.
He is a little camera shy!
TREX.jpg

TREX1.jpg

TREX2.jpg

TREX3.jpg

TREX4.jpg

TREX5.jpg

TREX6.jpg

TREX7.jpg

I am concerned about your uva bulb...it looks like one of those compact ones and there has been a recent controversy over them. There are a few threads about them...look into it.

I am concerned about your uva bulb...it looks like one of those compact ones and there has been a recent controversy over them. There are a few threads about them...look into it.

if he is spending time outdoors evrey day uvb lighting indoors isint much of a problem, but if it gets to cold there for over a week or two you may want to get a 5.0 tube. btw he looks really neat and i like the name.:)

if he is spending time outdoors evrey day uvb lighting indoors isint much of a problem, but if it gets to cold there for over a week or two you may want to get a 5.0 tube. btw he looks really neat and i like the name.:)

I cant tell if hes using one of those compact bulbs and from what i understood they were harmful. Can you tell if he is or not?

He is a beauty, and you will need a bigger cage very soon! If that is a compact UVB I would switch it out quickly for a Zoomed 5.0 flourescent tube-especially since he sits so close to the top.

It is a Zoomed florescent 5.0- 18 inch. He does have a 65 gal terrarium on its way - it is 2x that size (ordered it from reptile supply.com just has not arrived yet).
He normally does not sit in the top but was irritated his cage got misted and I had out the camera.
He does get all natural sunlight but I keep that one on inside for brightness in the cage. He has so much greens in his cage the bottom is almost completely dark.
Thanks I think he is awesome too.

WOW, do you think I am lying? It is a 18 inch 5.0 florescent Zoo Med. Same kind of lighting my dragon has but his is a 10.0 by Zoo med and a MVB. If I still had the box I would show it to you. Those dome lamps are heat bulbs one is a 75 watt Sunglo Neodymium and the other is a 25 watt house bulb for light.
It is a Apogee reptarium 65 gallon to be exact. Sorry for using terrarium (I was just posting on a beardie board about tanks).
I assure you he is doing great;)
HEre are some pics so you can see
000_0003_00-2.jpg

T-Rex's view from under
000_0002_00-1.jpg

000_0001_00-1.jpg

Dankmelon--haha--LMFAO, my sister bought those ugly ass picture things when she went to China or Hong Kong or Korea(Cant remember- she has been to all).lol
The bad thing is there are 4 like that but different crap inside.
I dont think they will be around much longer with the humidity that builds up in it from T-Rex cage.

Misting about 5 times a day seems to do the trick. It sits at about 54% but around 89-90% for about an hour when I mist and I mist quite a bit. I dont always mist him directly but under the canopy and it holds it in really well. I think the thick plants help out the most.

i see because i have a 260 gal i bought soft trays for 3 sides and the bottom to prevent the water to go on the walls and to keep the humidity..but you reptarium looks very nice

apple= thanks.
I am lucky and get to work from home and I keep a close eye on his cage now that he is back inside. He goes outside if the weather is nice.
I did not get that big of a reptarium because I knew it would be hard to hold humidity in.
I live in Texas and it is hot, we run the AC all the time and it dries out the air.
My project over this winter is setting up a 5 ftx3ft x3ft screen outdoor cages with misting systems. I firmly believe that chams should be left outdoors if possible.
I would love to see pics of your reptarium and how you have it set up.
Thanks

well your lucky i live in brooklyn new york and its cold here rite now here is a set up for my girl i also plan on putting more plants in there
DSC02148-1.jpg

DSC02151-1.jpg

DSC02149-1.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

here was the cage for my male but he died yesterday this is a smaller repteritum i think its your size...
DSC02429.jpg

DSC02428.jpg

Great Plants!

Hey Herpluva! I don't think the plants are overkill at all! Best thing you can do for the humidity situation. Your boy looks great. I really do like his color combination. I think you are doing an excellent job of trying to get things right........and an excellent job of handling our probing questions and home decor analysis...LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom