Just wanted to show her off:)

reggycham

this is miku!! i don’t know if you all remember my old post about her URI but she’s been perfectly fine for over a month now since then😁. she’s around 5-6 months old now and she is just the cutest thing!!! she has such a personality, i love her so much. also wondering what to look for to tell when she’s ready to lay eggs? unsure about the ages they start to lay 😁thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2431.jpeg
    IMG_2431.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2247.jpeg
    IMG_2247.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1867.jpeg
    IMG_1867.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 39
Aww…what a pretty little girl! 🥰 So glad that she’s recovered.
At about 5-6 months, veiled girls are old enough to start producing eggs. It’s a rough age as you want to make sure she gets enough food to grow completely, but you don’t want to overfeed and have her produce a large number of eggs. As her first cycle starts, she’ll develop her beautiful adult colors of teal, yellow/orange and dots. Some just have darkened areas. I’ll post pics of my girl Stella in both her usual darks and her excited brights to give you some idea. Anyhow, along with her colors and patterns, she will become very restless, moving up, down and all around her enclosure just about all day. She’s gotten all dressed up and is looking for a handsome boy. This period can last one to feels like forever weeks. This is when you need to prepare a lay bin and put it in her enclosure. As soon as about 3+ weeks after, she will have gotten plump and maybe lumpy. Her activity and appetite both may slow a little as she gets bigger. Her colors will darken, her spots may be more prominent - each girl is different in their gravid looks. She may become a bit restless again, spending more time exploring the bottom of her enclosure. One day you’ll find she’s in her lay bin and digging. You need to cover the visible lower section of the enclosure and make sure she has no disturbance. If she sees anyone, she may stop digging. You’ll know she’s done when she basking and looking much thinner. It usually takes a day or two from start to finish. Feed and hydrate her well for a couple of days. Silkworms and hornworms are great at this time. Then you want to start her diet of 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week (plus treats). Keep her basking temp around 80F. This will help to reduce the number of eggs she produces and may even stop her egg laying completely.
IMG_1121.jpeg IMG_0538.jpeg IMG_1366.jpeg

This is just a couple of days before she laid eggs.
IMG_1797.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom