Just some pics

Extensionofgreen

Chameleon Enthusiast
I've got some outdoor caging in the works and thought I share some current pics of the parsons and their indoor digs.

Attachments

• IMG_1577.JPG
    IMG_1577.JPG
    681.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1589.JPG
    IMG_1589.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1588.JPG
    IMG_1588.JPG
    390.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    403.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1578.JPG
    IMG_1578.JPG
    677 KB · Views: 140
Amazing! Mind if i ask you what those plants on the bottom are that have the zebra-like colors going on? Right under the pinkish and white/silvery looking ones attached to the branches, actually i'd like to know what those are as well lol. They add some nice, fitting color for sure.

They are called cethanthe and are sometimes sold as calathea. The mounted plants are neoregelia bromeliads and there are many types. These are a variegated form of a common species. Both plants can be found at glasshouseworks.com or on eBay.

Beautiful pics! I have found your previous threads on creating this enclosure super helpful as I get ready to build my own bioactive setup. Any advice? Things you wish you would have done differently?

This is amazing! My goal is to have my chameleon enclosure look like a professional zoo enclosure and this hits that mark.
I wanted to build my own (but because I have no equipment) settled on a zoo med reptibreeze deluxe to get that glass door lol.

Beautiful pics! I have found your previous threads on creating this enclosure super helpful as I get ready to build my own bioactive setup. Any advice? Things you wish you would have done differently?

Really, my best advice is to ensure you have a drainage system or a means to pump out water, so you aren't creating a swamp. I am actually very happy with my current set-up, though I may have gone with 1/4"-1/2" wire mesh as the top, to screen the animals from having access to the light canopy, as my male ventures up there sometimes and although he won't burn himself on the light fixtures I'm using, he isn't getting food, water, or UVB up there and he messes with the timers, by crawling on them! I've since added some reflective lighting grid to keep him out, but he still climbs up every now and again, from the other side, I have yet to cover.

Back
Top Bottom