Just saw Rango

Folks chameleons are not cats and dogs. Its a long process from copulation to hatching to saleable size. Theres no way for even commercial large scale breeders to ramp up production for a movie opening. To take advantage of possible impulse buyers. Im sure theres going to be a few people leave the theatre and go buy a chameleon within a few weeks. But the chameleons in question are going to be sold to the public regardless. They were bred and incubated last yr not last week or even last month. Bottom line they were produced long before Rango became an issue.

Except that animated movies typically have long production times and frequently release early teaser trailers to build up an audience. Some animated movies begin that process as much as 2 years before the movie is released. I don't go to a lot of movies so don't know how much early info was out on Rango, but I know I started seeing things about it in September of 2010. Assuming that I'm a bit behind the times, it's entirely possible that chameleon breeders worked to have "extra" stock available by the movie's release date.

Additionally, places that typically don't carry chameleons often will be more likely to put lots of "Rangos" on display to attract the kiddies. So, more chameleons that would normally end up in Reptile stores (where they stand a good chance of being bought by someone with knowledge and interest) will end up in big box stores where they will be bought for children that are too young to care for them properly.

I'm not saying I think that a huge percentage of "this year's crop" of chameleons is going to end up in the hands of 9 year olds, but I do think it's probable that there will be a lot more unexperienced owners (and their unexperienced parents) needing assistance.

Except that animated movies typically have long production times and frequently release early teaser trailers to build up an audience. Some animated movies begin that process as much as 2 years before the movie is released. I don't go to a lot of movies so don't know how much early info was out on Rango, but I know I started seeing things about it in September of 2010. Assuming that I'm a bit behind the times, it's entirely possible that chameleon breeders worked to have "extra" stock available by the movie's release date.

Additionally, places that typically don't carry chameleons often will be more likely to put lots of "Rangos" on display to attract the kiddies. So, more chameleons that would normally end up in Reptile stores (where they stand a good chance of being bought by someone with knowledge and interest) will end up in big box stores where they will be bought for children that are too young to care for them properly.

I'm not saying I think that a huge percentage of "this year's crop" of chameleons is going to end up in the hands of 9 year olds, but I do think it's probable that there will be a lot more unexperienced owners (and their unexperienced parents) needing assistance.

Im not saying its impossible but very improbable and the movie is going to go away in a few more weeks the hypes almost faded. jmo...

Wow how many threads have been started about rango now?? Lol I've not seen it yet and the way im working these days think i'll have to wait until it comes out on dvd.

And he talks! My chameleon has never done that. He tried to make it to sheriff, but couldn't make it past officer. I suspect office politics.

its a movie, folks. you are supposed to suspend reality. you want accurate, watch national geographic.

and kids, remember, make sure your chameleons are well versed in gun safety before you allow them to carry one.

After seeing this movie I went out and bought a Barbie and after much surgery have the perfect mate for my male cham.:D

BTW is anyone brave enough to take a pic of Barbie (minus body parts)with their chameleon?

I was waiting to hear everyone on this site pick at the details, did anyone else notice that he could talk? and that small rodents and lizards could build a 1800s western style town? I think someone should go to Dreamworks and tell them about the discrepancies.

Back
Top Bottom