Just ordered my mister!!

Bob 1000

Can't wait to get it next friday.. Ordered from LLL reptile.. Was there a coupon that I could have used or discount from the forum???

not that i know of. i do remember it being more expensive a few weeks ago. 79.00 isnt a bad price.
i personally dont have any experience with the mister but i have heard to be careful and dont let it run dry.

The mister I ordered was $109 and $10 for thew remote I ordered the Exo terra monsoon.. I thought about getting the $80 set up because of the infinite reservoir possibilities..

I like the idea of using a mister.but I feel it might be overrated.. I think this unit paired with a extra controller will be great..
My only question is keeping humidity stable with a mister is no where near as stable as using a fogger.. How do you guys using misters keep a stable humidity level, It goes up and down in between cycles? Haven't had any problems with Scratchy and I don't want any form just using a mister which also drops the enclosure temp too.. I'll be using my fogger in the meantime...
Exo-terra monsoon RS400 is the mister I have.. Quiet as a.....

Wooooowww I came today to find the mister hadn't gone off all day even though it was set to go off 12 a day and for 60 sec. at a time..
Even when I manually set it off it only stays on for 20 seconds.. I might be asking for my money back if this thing doesn't do what it's supposed to.. Very upset about this..

Double-check that your timers are set correctly, sometimes there's a tiny error in how you set it that you don't notice until you really go through it (or reset and put the times again) and see if that helps. It took me a while to set my timer.

It's normal for the humidity levels to go up and down. In nature the humidity level never stays exactly at 65% all day, every day, anyway.

thanks for the quick reply.. I just got off the phone with the place I got it from made the decision to return this mister.. The timer settings are 2 knobs virtually idiot proof they just don't work the way they are supposed to... I've programed multi functional digital controllers that you basically need to write a program for with ease..

i just purchased and set up my aqua zamp mister, and it works flawlessly. set to go off every two hours for one minute each. humidity stays right around 50% and spikes up to about 65-70% while the misters going and a few minutes after. i wouldnt recommend anything else, and its only about $10 more than the monsoon.

The humidity in my place stays at around 30%.. So 30 to 85% is un exceptable for me.. I think that will get the cham sick.. so I use a fogger for humidty stability..

Just in case I try another mister the monsoon made almost no noise, How about the Aqua zamp???
Thanks 1000...

I REALLY like my Mistking! I live in a very dry place, average rh is around 25% I run an ultra sonic humidifier in my cham room and it brings my rh up to about 40%. My Mistking is set to turn on every two and a half hours for about 5 minutes a session and that seems to bring the humidity up to an acceptable level that fluctuates between 60 and 70% after misting. As far as the noise goes, the pump itself is virtually silent but the hoses vibrate and rattle against the cages if not secured. Another big plus is that the system is expandable. I started out with one nozzle, now I'm running seven. Also two of the seven nozzles are about 40 feet of hose from the pump! No problem with pressure, they mist great! I don't think a mister is going to stabilize your humidity but it will supplement it and add a consistent and reliable source of hydration. Oh yea... the Aquazamp is pretty much a Mistking clone.

Last edited:
The humidifier is just a crapy one from Home Depot.. cost about $60cdn and holds about 1 gallon. I would like to clairify that my mister only runs through the day, not misting at night.

Yea.. it does, but the humidifier runs all night. After lights out the humidity seems stable around 50%. I refill it every morning. My first mist, half an hour after lights on, is 15 minutes long and the last one, 2 hours before lights out is ten minutes. this seems to work out ok, all my chams are doing well with this routine. I don't have any really high humidity species. just a couple of panthers and some melleri. If I had jacksons or other montains I would have to run a second humidifier. Another thing is my tap water is really hard and kills mist nozzles and humidifiers! A bit of a piss off but I cant afford to run R.O. water on so many nozzles or in my humidifier. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a R.O. system this spring and solve that issue.

Reverse osmosis significantly increases the life of foggers.. It also gives the cham pure water instead of nasty tap water.. I drink tap though sometimes,,lol..

The humidity in my place stays at around 30%.. So 30 to 85% is un exceptable for me.. I think that will get the cham sick.. so I use a fogger for humidty stability..

Just in case I try another mister the monsoon made almost no noise, How about the Aqua zamp???
Thanks 1000...

The AquaZamp is silent.

Back
Top Bottom