Just Joined the Parson's Club :)

NorCalAnthony

Avid Member
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share some pictures of the new addition to our family, Thor. I've been wanting to get an Orange Eye Parson's for a couple years now and was lucky enough to pick up this little guy from @Garrett. He's around 11 months old now and is from the same clutch as the females that are currently posted in the classifieds. Garrett was awesome to work with and I'd totally recommend him to anyone else looking for a Parson's (y)

Here are a couple pictures that Garrett sent me prior to shipping him out:

Thor 1.jpg
Thor 2.jpg

And here are a couple of him getting settled in to his new home yesterday:

Thor 4.jpg
Thor 5.jpg

In case anyone's curious about the setup, he's currently in a 24"x18"x36" Exo Terra screen cage with a cork background and cleaned and sanitized branches from my tree. The are a few pothos and a small schflerra
planted in a DIY planter box/cage base that is set up to be bioactive with a drainage layer, fast draining soil, springtails, and eventually some isopods once they get here... There's a Mist King set up for the long misting sessions he'll need and a ZooMed T5/LED fixture with a 6% Arcadia bulb for UV and a 75W bulb for basking. And yes this is just a temporary setup while he's still small. Once he starts to out grow this cage I have a 24"x36"x54" DIY cage ready to go and am planning on building an even bigger custom enclosure when he's ready ;)

Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Welcome to the parson’s club!
Thor looks stunning, you must be absolutely elated! Wonderful news and I hope you have many many happy years with him.
Makes me quite nostalgic seeing him just like my big boy looked a few years ago.
Exciting times ahead for you watching him grow.

Thanks guys, I'm stoked to say the least.:D

@jamest0o0 It's a little too early to tell yet since I only handled him long enough to get him moved in to his new cage yesterday (didn't want to stress him out any more than needed on his first day). He didn't have any issues with me while I was unpacking him though and was trying to run all over me as soon as he got out of the container so I'm taking that as a good sign. I was going to take try and take him out this weekend and get an initial weight for him and get a better idea of how he does with people. I've had pretty good luck with building trust and raising all of my panther chameleons to at least tolerate people so I'm hoping to keep that going with Thor. Poseidon and Aphrodite loved coming out and exploring and would climb all over anyone and anything, Loki liked to get out and explore but only tolerated being handled, and Athena was the opposite and hated everyone so I just tried to leave her alone as much as possible lol.

Back
Top Bottom