Just how toxic is pothos/schefflera anyway?

AESara

My last veiled never ate greens, but Arya seems to love them. I caught her eating a whole (small) pothos leaf today, and I suspect that she's also snacked on a few young shoots on her schefflera.

I know these plants are mildly toxic, so how much is too much? At what point should I consider switching them out?

My last veiled never ate greens, but Arya seems to love them. I caught her eating a whole (small) pothos leaf today, and I suspect that she's also snacked on a few young shoots on her schefflera.

I know these plants are mildly toxic, so how much is too much? At what point should I consider switching them out?

They have to eat allot of the pothos for it to be toxic but the female veileds do love to eat plant matter. I recommend keeping some greens around for her to nibble on. I use a clothespin and hang greens around in the free range for my guys. They love fruit and some veggies too. I only give fruit for snacks since it's sweet but offer greens often.

What greens do you offer?

Are Kale and Spinach OK? I heard they might be bad because of oxalic acid causing problems metabolizing calcium... And have always been told to avoid any lettuces with reptiles, as they are mostly water and no nutrition...

What greens do you offer?

Are Kale and Spinach OK? I heard they might be bad because of oxalic acid causing problems metabolizing calcium... And have always been told to avoid any lettuces with reptiles, as they are mostly water and no nutrition...

Kale is ok once in awhile but I never use spinach. I feed mostly dandelion, mustard, collard and endive.

Back
Top Bottom