Just had my scariest chameleon keeping moment!

summerseeking

Avid Member
This morning I went in to check my Chams per usual. Everyone was accounted for except for my youngest, Iba. I checked her enclosure a little bit and figured...she is probably hiding and I would check again later. I came in their room/our guest room about an hour ago to check again and still no her. I got really worried because she didn't come up to bask or eat or anything.

I started searching her enclosure, every inch and could not find her. I was panicking. I got worried she was somehow wedged behind her lay bin. Decided I would take the side panel off her enclosure to check...I sat on the bed to prepare myself mentally to discover the worst.

Then movement caught my eye. I looked up and focused, there she was, Iba-Iba, climbing on the stem of my monstera plant...walking toward me. I keep it next to her enclosure to give her/her lay bin more privacy. She must have squeezed through the side panel of her enclosure 😅🤦🏾‍♂️. She looked so happy, showing off her happy colors.

Now I have to figure out how to prevent this 🤦🏾‍♂️ Or at least make it really safe for her to do. All my other guys at too big to do the same. She is about 4 months, but a small 4 months.

Now she is in her enclosure basking and I’m scared to leave her alone 😅 for now I positioned the monstera so if she gets out again she can get to the window…also…I’m gonna close the window.

Thee end 😅

This morning I went in to check my Chams per usual. Everyone was accounted for except for my youngest, Iba. I checked her enclosure a little bit and figured...she is probably hiding and I would check again later. I came in their room/our guest room about an hour ago to check again and still no her. I got really worried because she didn't come up to bask or eat or anything.

I started searching her enclosure, every inch and could not find her. I was panicking. I got worried she was somehow wedged behind her lay bin. Decided I would take the side panel off her enclosure to check...I sat on the bed to prepare myself mentally to discover the worst.

Then movement caught my eye. I looked up and focused, there she was, Iba-Iba, climbing on the stem of my monstera plant...walking toward me. I keep it next to her enclosure to give her/her lay bin more privacy. She must have squeezed through the side panel of her enclosure 😅🤦🏾‍♂️. She looked so happy, showing off her happy colors.

Now I have to figure out how to prevent this 🤦🏾‍♂️ Or at least make it really safe for her to do. All my other guys at too big to do the same. She is about 4 months, but a small 4 months.

Now she is in her enclosure basking and I’m scared to leave her alone 😅 for now I positioned the monstera so if she gets out again she can get to the window…also…I’m gonna close the window.

Thee end 😅
Glad you found her. Atleast she was enjoying herself. Lol

Thee end 😅
Love, love, love this story!! Glad she’s safe!!

O boy that must of been stressful. There's no way for escape in my cage... I think. Lol but if I can't see him for a few that's the first thing I jump too lol.

Glad she's safe! ♡

Back
Top Bottom