Just got my chameleon. Need some help

Bubby

I just got my chameleon today and I need some help. Well not really help, just some advice.

He's about 6 months old (that's what persmart manager told me) but he's not so big. He's not skinny just not long. He's about 4-6 inches long. I think the person has his age wrong?

I have him in a 16 by 16 by 30 enclosure. He has 3 live plants (all which are safe, I checked the safe plant list) a good amount of vines.

His basking spot is about 80-85 deg. F. His humidity percentage his 50-80%.

He does have UVB and a heat lamp. But sometimes I see him climbing at the very top? Maybe that means it needs to he hotter?

The persmart manager told me not to feed him tomorrow or today because he ate this morning. (I have an earge to feed him though) I have calcium, multivitamins. Is this a good enclosure for him/her?

its called exploring the new home on the crawling around. little chams need to be fed every day. guessing its a veiled since petsmart doesn't deal in panthers, they are normally wrong. 4-6 inch cham is about 3 months old. so far your doing it all right don't be shy to post a few pics and show off the new home.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/

any other questions anyone would be happy to answer

edit: forgot to say WELCOME

Thanks for posting fast. Right now he is Sleepin at the temp is about 70-74. And how many and what kind of insect should he it?

as much as he will eat in a 5 min period so 10-15 or so crickets about the size of between their eyes or smaller so they don't choke

Alright. I don't have any crickets now so ill be sure to get some in the morning. I'm also worried about the humidity since it lowers fast. Right now it at about 50%

mind you they eat superworms, roaches, silkworms, butterworms, crickets, small children, pheonix worms, blue bottle flys and mantids

dont mist the cage at night when they sleep you tend to disrupt them and it might cause URI (upper respiratory infections) temps can fall at night too its find for them you are crazy worried about things now but relax it will come with time and we all have some sort of answer

the first few days are the omg worry days cause to much research and horror stories are a lot of what you see. but just enjoy take a few pics get a tree for them to bask outside.

phosphorus free calcium make sure you have that every feeding
and calcium with D3 "TWO" times a month

That's the thing. When something fell and I went to go pick It up in his cage, my hand went by him and he RAN away and turned brown in the blink of any eye

its fight or flight its his nature run and hide or bite the crap out of it.
they usually come around if you offer food to them everyday and soon they will either eat off your hand or just climb right onto you and use you as a tree. my male panther still wont come out of his cage to me but is content with eating anything off my fingers.

dont get discouraged its a trust thing on the hand feeding do it for a few mins stay still might help not to make eye contact and if it doesnt happen try again tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom