Just finished Lenny's new mansion (cage)

WOW thats an amazing setup. I would love to have one like that, only if you would build one :). I would buy it in a sec. to bad your no local and in Canada. :(
Looks AWESOMEE!!

Hey here's a question for all the wood cabinet owners.......actually I might make a thread of it.

How does this type of magnificent cage stand up to ALL the water it's going to be exposed to?

Kevin

i can answer that question they dont,imagine the proper water needs of 1 adult chameleon for 1 year.they need alot of water be be healthy at least where i live specailly in the winter now if you just wanna keep it alive it will work ok. i use lots of water when it rains outside i try to keep it raining indoors all day if i got too. i really dont know how people keep chams in these cages.likje i said in the winter it gets so dry and constantly misting its so humid then the summer its hot and humid i quess it works though,you make it work so your cham will be strong n healthy she make you chase her cause shes so strong n fast you know you got a healthy cham.

How does this type of magnificent cage stand up to ALL the water it's going to be exposed to?

I don't know about the rest of them, but this one was built by a professional carpenter who builds kayaks. Did you notice the perfect cuts on the bottom and the epoxy resin coating?

In this case, the answer to that question is "incredibly well".

Heck, I once built a 3'x8' drip tray for two cracked oil hazers out of plywood and 2x4s and painted it with a few coats of epoxy paint. It held up to mineral oil perfectly. Of course, it wouldn't take much epoxy resin to do the floor of a cage, either.

Give the folks at http://www.systemthree.com a call and they'll sell you exactly what you need. There might be enough stuff in The Trial Kit to do the floor of a cage. Their downloadable "The Epoxy Book" is an incredible resource for anyone who's never worked with resins and fiberglassing.

Hi there I am very new to this forum I have 2 flap neck champs both females I just saw your cage that you and your dad build its beautifull!but what I want to know is how do you keep that cage clean?

Hi there I am very new to this forum I have 2 flap neck champs both females I just saw your cage that you and your dad build its beautifull!but what I want to know is how do you keep that cage clean?

This thread is from 2007 and I don't think this member participates on this forum any longer!!!

Back
Top Bottom