Just finished Lenny's new mansion (cage)

Now you know how boring some of our lifes are...and how addicted we are to this forum.... is like a daily routine...wake up...coffee....then Chemeleon Forum..lunch...then chemeleon forum.... dinner and then chameleon forum again....:D

Yeah this site rocks, I've been a big reader since last summer and make a routine about it too (maybe not as much as you though...haha:p).

I am totally blown away by that cage and the effort involved! You must submit your pictures and the outline of the process to Reptiles Magazine. They have a "Show your Stuff" category, although I must say, it deserves a lot more space and you just might get that. Excellent...you deserve some recognition

I don't know about deserving recognition:eek:, I've seen alot of great enclosures on this site which is what inspired me in the first place and gave me hints on what to do and what to aim for. Any decent carpenter could easily build something like this or better. I just had the money, time, ressources and dad to do it with. I am after all just an amateur still-on-his-first-cham keeper.

Last edited:
damn........took it to the next level!!!i see we have a trades man available:D
thanks for the inspiration to my next cage!!!Deffinitley the best looking cage
I've seen yet, good job.You should buy you Pops a six pack for that one;)

that cage is the SHIT (the good kind!!) forget the 6pack that man deserves at least a 24 lol

seriously though props to your father for the beautiful work, that thing is mtv cribs chameleon edition

Very Nice I am so jealous!!! It looks so sweet! I don't know if someone has asked already but How did you make the fake rock looking part? I would love to do something like that for my next setup.

Nice cage! On another note, I wouldn't leave your guitar there! The heat and and humidity are a no-no!!:)

Hey Lenny,

Without a question, here goes another WOOOOOOW for your cage!!

Couple of questions:

1) Did you also use "Great Stuff" or similar?

2) What did you use to cover the GS?

3) And how is all this combo holiding with the humidity?

4) Last one: What type of misting system are you using?

Thanks!!!!
Roberto.

Wow man, you've got some serious wood working abilities. Absolute awesome job. I love the work on the cabinet.

-Matt

One more question:

How about the sand you used to cover the foam... is that going to be of any concern when the cham eats? Like could he eat a loose grain or something?

r.

Holy mackeral! That is a an incredible cage!

For what it's worth, shipping cages via FedEx Ground is pretty cheap. I shipped a 54"x24"x24" melamine cage unassembled from Vegas to Northern California recently. It took two boxes, weighed 117# total and only cost $48 in freight. Of course, I packed everything and delivered it to FedEx myself.

Dang, I wouldn't want to drive it across town for $48, let alone hundreds of miles.

When I get ready to build my new cage, I definitely want him to make the doors! How much would he charge for them? Those are just amazing!

Wow!!!!

Now that is a stunning cage.

How much would you and your Dad charge for a cage like that for local pick up???

Not sure where you are but it would be worth the drive and a U-HAUL rental fee to pick one up, IMHO. I think you should go to reptile shows and sell those beauties.

Hey Lenny,

Without a question, here goes another WOOOOOOW for your cage!!

Couple of questions:

1) Did you also use "Great Stuff" or similar?

2) What did you use to cover the GS?

3) And how is all this combo holiding with the humidity?

4) Last one: What type of misting system are you using?

Thanks!!!!
Roberto.

1) We used insulating foam
2) We simply threw some sand on the foam before it dried
3) The humidity is holding great....a steady 60-70%
4) I'm still waiting a bit before ordering my misting system http://www.mistislandscanada.com/kit_3.html

One more question:

How about the sand you used to cover the foam... is that going to be of any concern when the cham eats? Like could he eat a loose grain or something?

r.
Not a problem for me because I don't free range. I either hand feed or use a container. I may free range a silkworm or a hornworm on the branches, but I dont think they'll get to the backwall alive;).

Got some plans you could post? You guys did a super job.

Can't really just post plans of it. It was pretty much improvised. We started with a drain according to the size we wanted an built the rest from there. It depends what size your want. You can all draw your own plans according what you want and need. It's a pretty straight forward projet. I drew a rough picture of what I wanted it to look like and that's how far it went for an actual blue print.

By the way, I live in eastern Canada. Pretty far to pick up with a U-Haul.

My dad thinks you guys could easily find carpenters or artists in your towns to do this job. The cost would depend if you would like solid oak or exotic wood, In-lay or sculpting. My doors are carved pieces of exotic wood glued on a piece of oak plywood....simple. These would be 100$ canadian a piece depending on the size. Solid wood doors would be more depending on the type of wood, in-lay or carved.

Back
Top Bottom