Just did a deep clean...

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
I just did a deep clean on the dubia roach bin, takes me about two days to go through the whole process because of the amount breaks my back forces me to take and just the sheer amount of dubias I have now. But when I finish I feel such a wave of happiness seeing fresh egg crates and all the males running about laying scent trails and claiming their territory. The behavior I find to be absolutely adorable in my opinion, and celebrating the new home with my roaches with a fresh slice of papaya for them to nibble on for the rest of the night.

I don't have any issues handling roaches. In fact I often handle my larger females who aren't heavily pregnant because they tend to be the calmest. I have one male who unlike any other male in my colony will allow me to pet him and handle him with a calm demeanor. One of my females I saw tonight I remember very well from the last deep clean I did, she was in very bad shape, her wing bud had been completely chewed off to where her meat was exposed underneath. I found this horrible and rather strange as usually only the males chew other males. Anyway, I saw her tonight and she still has the missing wing bud as she was done with molting when she had been attacked, however she has "scarred" over and healed rather nicely so that it's almost a different roach.

Either way, I wanted to share my fun tonight ^^ I love having happy roaches.

Lol, I think there are very few insects that I don't love, or at least find interesting. I know I don't like potato bugs, just for the fact that they bite hard and it hurts soooo bad when they do. XD Yet surprisingly all types of potato bugs that I know of just eat roots. I also don't tend to like crane flies much, I mean I can deal with them, but I don't like them near me because they have the strongest desire to fly in my face when I yawn for some reason lol XD.

When I was in elementary school I wanted to be an entomologist for a while, had lots of different kinds of insects for pets, not that I really knew what I was doing with them at the time ^^ but as a child that tends to happen. Now I've realized my current passion for reptiles and insects goes hand in hand so it works out rather nicely <3

Thank goodness you found reptiles . Your bug passion has a purpose now. [emoji218] [emoji220] [emoji221] [emoji219] [emoji245] I give you bugs and a blowfish[emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom