Just confirming my Yoda is a male

bbyoda

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi all,

My ~5 month old veiled chameleon has been restless and pacing lately. From reading threads here and info on Chameleon Academy, I figured he's reaching sexual maturity and needs a bigger enclosure. The new enclosure is in progress and should be done in a couple weeks. But this morning I saw that he's been digging in one corner of his enclosure. (I have a bioactive setup.) So I also want to rule out the possibility of him actually being a her - I've seen a lot of that on the forums. ? Pretty sure he's a male given his striping, casque size, spurs, and I think I even saw sperm plugs at one point. But now I'm questioning everything. ?

Let me know if you need me to do the full form. I had my husbandry reviewed previously and implemented all the changes suggested (remove moss, get a PC fan to help with stagnant air). It's tough to get good pictures of him since he's skittish around me, but I can try getting more if needed.

IMG_20200603_080454.jpg IMG_20200517_160952.jpg
IMG_20200527_172615.jpg IMG_20200514_084951.jpg

Its a boy, and he wants to go out and stake out his territory. For all you know last winter a bunch of rookie males setup shop in the room and are eating all the bugs. No self respecting female is going to wonder into a bugless area. My males would patrol the perimeter of the room several times a day.

Its a boy, and he wants to go out and stake out his territory. For all you know last winter a bunch of rookie males setup shop in the room and are eating all the bugs. No self respecting female is going to wonder into a bugless area. My males would patrol the perimeter of the room several times a day.

Thanks for the quick reply! Phew. I want to give him outside time but he doesn't want anything to do with me - he hides or runs away if I move near him, even slowly. If I have to take him out of the cage for a cleaning or to arrange plants, etc. he will dive out of my hands onto the floor. I know I have a lot of work to do getting him to tolerate me. Just a shame he's so nervous because otherwise he'd be able to roam more!

It's
What size is that table?

The tabletop is 42" x 30" and it's 2.5 feet high. My partner made it custom for me based on specs I shared with him. The tabletop is that size because it's made out of two layered pieces of plywood that are each 1/3 of a full sheet of plywood. I needed it to have space for a 24 x 24 dragonstrand cage and has space for my bucket o crickets to go next to it. Happy to DM more if helpful.

It's

The tabletop is 42" x 30" and it's 2.5 feet high. My partner made it custom for me based on specs I shared with him. The tabletop is that size because it's made out of two layered pieces of plywood that are each 1/3 of a full sheet of plywood. I needed it to have space for a 24 x 24 dragonstrand cage and has space for my bucket o crickets to go next to it. Happy to DM more if helpful.
I was just liking the look. (y)

Back
Top Bottom