Just brought him home!

TStorm718

So my baby panther arrived today! Came out very active and started drinking soon after. He's a lot smaller than I was thinking but he will grow. Super stoked but I've left him alone for a while since he's stressed from the trip. Pics to come soon.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 206
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 177
No name yet...i figured id wait a week or so to see his personality...hes explored a lot already and now hes calmed down and is a much lighter brown

If the 718 means a New York area code,than he shall deserve a strong New Yorker name,good luck with him.

lol no im from michigan...718 is my wedding anniversary...7-18-10

Edit: heres a much better pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Wow! What causes that beautiful solid black color? He's gorgeous!

From my experience I would say stress or basking, bug it looks like the cham is below a leaf so I dont think its basking. But I also feel like it's hard to tell if that is what's actually going on, the picture quality is pretty low, so it's hard to tell if the cham is actually solid black or if it's just a poor picture.

Last edited:
From my experience I would say stress. But I also feel like it's hard to tell if that is what's actually going on, the picture quality is pretty low, so it's hard to tell if the cham is actually solid black or if it's just a poor picture.

Well, if it's caused by stress, that's no good! We only want happy colors around these parts! :)

Hes actually in the shade...if you look at the top of his head u can see where the light ends...he is normally a light tan color

Hes actually in the shade...if you look at the top of his head u can see where the light ends...he is normally a light tan color

When do they start developing their bright color? Or is he just cold/stressed so he's not showing them? I only have my veiled boy so I'll happily learn about panthers :)

When do they start developing their bright color? Or is he just cold/stressed so he's not showing them? I only have my veiled boy so I'll happily learn about panthers :)
They start really developing colors at 3-4 months, unless it's the alpha of the clutch. They will continue developing colors up until 18 months old. Unless it's a female, then they stay a tan/pink color with teal spots a lot of times.

Hes a male and i thought it was closer to 7 months but im glad its sooner
I wasn't trying to imply that yours is female, just answering Havens question. Anyways here is my male at 4.5 months, he's already showing a lot of color, he's a little over 5 months now but I don't have a more recent picture. They are all different though and their color development has different factors.

Attachments

• 20160429_164728.jpg
    20160429_164728.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 135
I'm from Waterford what about you?

Hero hes gorgeous...i cant wait to get color in mine

Last edited:
Finally after 5 days I got to see my lil Reptoslicer eat some crickets...Ya thats right he finally got a name too lol

Back
Top Bottom