they are young veiled

yesterday i put together the first cage for them
in the next few weeks i'll be building another one
so they can be separated

Attachments

• chameleon cage.jpg
    chameleon cage.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 191
interesting cage style. Is it just me or does the cham on the top look REALLY close to that bulb

Iam having trouble seeing your UVB/basking light and water supply and cage, i know it's there somewhere :D

I have a feeling that the bulb is a UVA/UVB bulb that a bearded dragon would enjoy...unfortunately not the chameleon. The setup is def different but I would advise on a change...im sure others will chime in.

the florecent light is a 5.0 repti-sun (can't see it from this pic)
and the heat lamp is 10-12 inches from the chameleon
i do have to agree on the pic that he looks closer to it

still working on a drip system for now i mist with a spray bottle
hope this clears up some of the confusion

the light you see is also just a reflection off of the metal reflector the light is housed in, the light itself is 150 watts the temp on the perch high 80's to mid 90's depending on where the temp is taken
as far as a drip goes i was thinking of a water bottle with a small tube hooked into it that hangs over the pothos

Attachments

• ruff light.jpg
    ruff light.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 91
the light you see is also just a reflection off of the metal reflector the light is housed in, the light itself is 150 watts the temp on the perch high 80's to mid 90's depending on where the temp is taken
as far as a drip goes i was thinking of a water bottle with a small tube hooked into it that hangs over the pothos

150 watts!!!!!!!!

make sure the temps are for sure or you'll have a burned little man

150 watts!!!!!!!!

make sure the temps are for sure or you'll have a burned little man

150W bulb at 12" is going to get upwards of 95* or so
The picture definitely makes it look bad, but seems like he did a fair amount of of design for it.

150W bulb at 12" is going to get upwards of 95* or so
The picture definitely makes it look bad, but seems like he did a fair amount of of design for it.

indeed, i just looked at the other picture of the set up. the angle makes it look worse than it actually is.

humidity and temp that you keep your house at is also a consideration on what wattage bulb should be used in a Chameleon enclosure. So just because ones setup looks not right to you does not mean it is wrong for them with where they live.

For instance: I live in the South with high humidity in the spring/summer and I am battling keeping the humidity up enough and yes even with live plants. Everyones climate is different so please realize this before you post negative.

Sorry just had to say:eek:

yah the temps are right i'll have to watch them when we go into summer
though the basement does'nt fluctuate as much its a north facing room other thing i have to do is hide those cords further away, though for now they can't reach them

was buying some roaches from a guy who had his set up similar to this and liked the idea, we don't have any room for the screen cages do to lack of table space
or is it too much floor space

was only going to start with one chameleon (the male)
but my brother in law insisted he buy it a shella
so now i have to make another cage setup
(was going to get one later at a reptile expo this fall)

Thanks for posting the layout....not the most typical design but hey to his/her own...if it works and the cham seems happy so be it!

just talked with the wife on break looks like better get the next one done soon the smaller female has taken charge of the top part of the cage

Back
Top Bottom