Just adopted Pascal.

Why cant the be like beardies and just lay eggs EVERYWHERE like silk moths. I find them on the heat rocks, in the hide bin, under my bed, in my shoes, she likes to spread them around for some reason...

No change in her position this morning. However her color was much brighter. She doesn't seem to be pushing as hard as she did last night. I can't be with her all day. I'm calling a vet to see cost but chances are with my dog needing blood work and possible surgery this week, I'm stretched on funds for that. She looks more.comfortable this morning though

Attachments

• IMG_20221026_071539405.jpg
    IMG_20221026_071539405.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 53
No change in her position this morning. However her color was much brighter. She doesn't seem to be pushing as hard as she did last night. I can't be with her all day. I'm calling a vet to see cost but chances are with my dog needing blood work and possible surgery this week, I'm stretched on funds for that. She looks more.comfortable this morning though
Her eyes are getting sunken in, which is not good. If her eyes are closed while lights are on, that’s even worse. :( Honestly, you may need to consider the compassionate option so that she doesn’t suffer any more than she has already. Not the best outcome, but is the kindest.😞

I called the vet. They told me they cant even give me a price for a surgery. It's 64 to see her. But then they don't even know if they can take the eggs out they may need to send me elsewhere. by that time its going to be far too late and too much stress moving her around. This whole situation is horrible.

I called the vet. They told me they cant even give me a price for a surgery. It's 64 to see her. But then they don't even know if they can take the eggs out they may need to send me elsewhere. by that time its going to be far too late and too much stress moving her around. This whole situation is horrible.
I’m so sorry, you are doing your best. Thank you for trying with her. 💔 🙏

Poor girl is in desperate need of a vet - either to remove the eggs or relieve her pain and suffering. Not even sure if she would survive surgical removal of eggs at this point. This is heartbreaking. 😢
Breathing has slowed down a lot. She's opening mouth for water - I'm giving it to her. Her coloration got really light. It's been sooo dark.
If giving her water, make sure to aim for the very back of her mouth/throat. Airway is in the front.

Poor girl is in desperate need of a vet - either to remove the eggs or relieve her pain and suffering. Not even sure if she would survive surgical removal of eggs at this point. This is heartbreaking. 😢

If giving her water, make sure to aim for the very back of her mouth/throat. Airway is in the front.
It is heartbreaking. We learned today my pup is going to require a $600 dollar surgery too.

Seeing the urate (crystallized yellow/orange) your girl is severally dehydrated, which plays a big part for her strength. Did she dug herself? Our is that hole made by you?
It could be she’s pressing, but due amount she difficulties getting them out and because of the movement they’re pressing against her organs, probably her lungs.
Without a vet there isn’t much you can do I guess. Do have a fogger? Let her breathing the moist air could help her quicker and won’t add direct more pressure against her organs, then with fluids.

Seeing the urate (crystallized yellow/orange) your girl is severally dehydrated, which plays a big part for her strength. Did she dug herself? Our is that hole made by you?
It could be she’s pressing, but due amount she difficulties getting them out and because of the movement they’re pressing against her organs, probably her lungs.
Without a vet there isn’t much you can do I guess. Do have a fogger? Let her breathing the moist air could help her quicker and won’t add direct more pressure against her organs, then with fluids.
I've been misting off and on for an hour now making sure to get it into her mouth. We don't have a fogger. I did dig the hole a bit to try and give her a more comfortable place to rest.

I just want to say that I do appreciate the non judgement. This is not what I was prepared for. Surgery , as I've researched can be over a grand. I am not in a position to do that , but we never would have known what I do now had.i not taken her in and at least figured out that it was a female in the first place. The family just thought it was a stubborn male who stopped eating. I took it with intention of giving it a home and constant care and more attention. The mom was stuck with it and just couldn't deal with it anymore. I have more time....but boy did I get in over my head. I was not thinking this was the situation.

The pet store denies even selling it to my student and argued that they don't sell chameleons... and they don't sell females at all ... seriously?!?
I'm not happy about any of this. But I've learned so much in the last 24 hours. However as beautiful and wonderful as this girl is, I don't know I'll be replacing her anytime soon. I wish this was different circumstances but it is unfortunate that I had learn all of this now. I thank you all for not passing judgement and helping me at least attempt to make her comfortable.

I've been misting off and on for an hour now making sure to get it into her mouth. We don't have a fogger. I did dig the hole a bit to try and give her a more comfortable place to rest.
That’s a shame, because IMHO one is needed for the other, but one is also affection the other and she’s coming in vicious cirkel of pain. I think I agree with @kinyonga and saying this with pain in my heart.
Personally, the vet where your puppy is scheduled for surgery should strike his/her heart and relief this girl from her pain, they earn their money with the surgery, euthanizing such small animal shouldn’t cost them that much.

I’m really sorry you’re going through this, especially for your first time cham. This is just a terrible process, I really wish you all the best, you did a great job so far 🙏🏻

Last edited:
This truly is a terrible situation no matter which way one looks at it. Unfortunately, the only thing that can be done at this point to ease this poor little girl’s pain is to have your vet give her peace. I’m so sorry for you, having this thrust upon you - and so very sorry for the sweet girl and all she’s sufferIng.

I just want to say that I do appreciate the non judgement. This is not what I was prepared for. Surgery , as I've researched can be over a grand. I am not in a position to do that , but we never would have known what I do now had.i not taken her in and at least figured out that it was a female in the first place. The family just thought it was a stubborn male who stopped eating. I took it with intention of giving it a home and constant care and more attention. The mom was stuck with it and just couldn't deal with it anymore. I have more time....but boy did I get in over my head. I was not thinking this was the situation.

The pet store denies even selling it to my student and argued that they don't sell chameleons... and they don't sell females at all ... seriously?!?
I'm not happy about any of this. But I've learned so much in the last 24 hours. However as beautiful and wonderful as this girl is, I don't know I'll be replacing her anytime soon. I wish this was different circumstances but it is unfortunate that I had learn all of this now. I thank you all for not passing judgement and helping me at least attempt to make her comfortable.
As hard as it’s been for you, I’m thankful she is in the hands of someone who cares and not a pet store. Thank you so much for trying to care for her. I hope everything goes ok with your dog. 🙏

Think they’ve all pretty much told you but she’s eggbound…. Probably won’t live long unless you can get them out of her

Back
Top Bottom