Just adopted Pascal.

http://www.exetervethospital.com/ is one that I’ve seen suggested. @jannb do you know of any others? While a week or two doesn’t seem like a long time to us, it is much too long and poor girl isn’t going to be able to hold out much longer. I’m so sorry that you had this put in your lap, but the girl needs immediate help. This is a very painful condition for her. :(

Hi and welcome. Yes, get a laybin in asap. Preferably one that is at least 12” long and wide and filled to about 6” deep with play sand moistened enough to hold a tunnel without collapsing. Once you’ve put that in, then you need to find a good exotics vet who is experienced with chameleons. I’m afraid there is a high likelihood that she is eggbound and is in need of emergency care to help her pass those eggs.
Sadly I don't know I can get her to a vet right now. We have few in our area. I'm going to try and get the bin ready and hope and pray for the best. I can see she's in a lot of discomfort right now. It makes me sad I didn't get her sooner.

http://www.exetervethospital.com/ is one that I’ve seen suggested. @jannb do you know of any others? While a week or two doesn’t seem like a long time to us, it is much too long and poor girl isn’t going to be able to hold out much longer. I’m so sorry that you had this put in your lap, but the girl needs immediate help. This is a very painful condition for her. :(
I know. Like I said to someone else. Not sure I can make.it to a vet. I'll try to get her bin set up and comfortable this asap. We actually just thought it was brumation. No one knew it was female. And I had other animals go through brumation...the mom just didn't want to deal with it anymore.

I know. Like I said to someone else. Not sure I can make.it to a vet. I'll try to get her bin set up and comfortable this asap. We actually just thought it was brumation. No one knew it was female. And I had other animals go through brumation...the mom just didn't want to deal with it anymore.
Also I'll call Exeter tomorrow , they are close ! Thank you!

I understand completely and empathize for the rotten position you’ve been put in. However, I am so very glad that this poor little lady found her way to you and that you’ve found your way here. No blame and no judgement from me.

Sad to see females can go down very quickly when egg bound😔 but yes like all the others have said she needs a bin and vet asap. In the future to figure out if a veiled is a male or female look at the back feet you will see a bump on the back side kinda like heels. The pattern is also a second way to tell, males have bands while females have more spotty patterns. Hope your lady gets over it without any more complications!

I understand completely and empathize for the rotten position you’ve been put in. However, I am so very glad that this poor little lady found her way to you and that you’ve found your way here. No blame and no judgement from me.
I've set up a lay bin. I'm just not sure she's strong enough to dig. I hope so much that she will prove every one of us wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_20221025_213123047.jpg
    IMG_20221025_213123047.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 57
Poor girl. Thanks for getting a laybin set up for her so quickly. Even if she lays it'll be good to have her checked out, to make sure no eggs stayed behind...just given that she is likely full of em, weak, and calcium deficient based on how her limbs look.

Poor girl. Thanks for getting a laybin set up for her so quickly. Even if she lays it'll be good to have her checked out, to make sure no eggs stayed behind...just given that she is likely full of em, weak, and calcium deficient based on how her limbs look.
They were loading the food with calcium though. I just feel awful. I'm praying I wake up tomorrow and we have a clutch. Praying for a miracle. She's currently pushing more than I saw her do at all today.

Thank you ! It's been a whirlwind of a day. I did not know this was what was going to happen! I don't know as much about chameleons but was.so willing to learn to nurse this "guy" back to health. I am so mad at the petco that sold her to a teen girl without properly educating her on any care. I've been teaching environmental education for 17 years and I worked at PetSmart. I always made sure each person knew everything they could and we never sold to anyone without a proper id. It was a birthday present on a whim....and the pet store just took her money....unreal.

They were loading the food with calcium though. I just feel awful. I'm praying I wake up tomorrow and we have a clutch. Praying for a miracle. She's currently pushing more than I saw her do at all today.
It's great she's got the will to live! I'm rooting for her! If she didn't have the right type of UVB bulb then she wouldn't process the calcium supplements properly. We can make sure you have the right lighting once she gets done egg laying.

It's great she's got the will to live! I'm rooting for her! If she didn't have the right type of UVB bulb then she wouldn't process the calcium supplements properly. We can make sure you have the right lighting once she gets done egg laying.
She is struggling though and it's killing me. I had to just walk away and go to bed. I'm Catholic so I'm praying to St. Francis. We also have a sick pooch right now heading to the vet tomorrow- I'm overwhelmed!

Bright side is since she got it from petco they will be infertal eggs so you wont have to deal with babies compaired to getting one from a person and suprise you have 36 little ones to take care of

Bright side is since she got it from petco they will be infertal eggs so you wont have to deal with babies compaired to getting one from a person and suprise you have 36 little ones to take care of
Oh I know 😂 the shock on my face when I read the first response in here and then looked up clutch sizes......not what I signed up for!!!! I called the former owners and was like "you owe me child support!!!" It was all funny till it got super serious and realized the emergency . 'm a science teacher so I'm hoping 1, she pulls through and 2 ill have eggs for the kids check out the under scopes and such. But she's gotta lay em first !

Love your little pic by the way...huge Depp fan and we just watched rango tonight !

Back
Top Bottom