Just a small update...

Alrighty everyone been quite some time since I have posted about the veiled I am caring for this summer, Pascal. So here we go!

To start this off I have discovered fuchsias are not a huge fan of chameleon enclosures for any of you considering putting them in your enclosure. But of course the Alaskan environment may be a bit tricky to work with them. So I will be replacing those with another safe plant, either wandering Jew or another pothos or two and hopefully soon enough amd Aqua zamp rain dome. So that is his enclosure update.

Pascal himself is still an absolute doll. Spoils me rotten for my first. He has come such a long way since he started his stay in May. He is active and healthy, drinks like a horse and has started eating like a champ. Even started hand feeding from me recently and had his first full body shed in my care! Not only that but when he was younger he was so scared of hornworms, well not any more. He gobbles those down no problem. Such a proud chameleon mommy right here. And since coming to stay with me he has only come out willingly once but not too long ago he surprised me with begging to come out. And even came out :) he took a small tumble off my arm that time but I caught him and no flare ups. Pascal truly is an absolute sweet heart and the only time he has gotten extremely defensive is when I discovered he strongly dislikes foreign sticks (that's a long story). Lesson well learned! I plan to get lots more plants to rotate in his enclosure such as a philodendron and ficus in order to get the ones in there currently some air and sunlight outside (maybe give him a free range with the ones out of there). Its going to be hard to take him back to my vet science teacher when school starts up again though xD anyway enough of my talking, I promise to post updated pictures in this thread soon when I get on a computer as I am.on my phone right now.

Thank y'all for reading!

nice to hear that.
reading these post i came to a conclusion.
it's so sad that these little guys are doing fine most of the time when they're adopted.
the breeders (not generalizing) and pet shops are doing a terrible job. they're selling them with LOTS of problems.
mine, for example had a shedding spot problem (10 dollars spent) + lack of vitamins (almost 30 dollars) and some mixture of calcium liquid (20 dollars) - total, i paid more on the vet than on buying her. and i have to spend money and time for a parasite check too, AND the most disturbing of all, i 'ordered' a boy ... surprise, I HAVE A GIRL :))

It sounds like Pascal is coming around. You are doing a great job with him. Thank you for the update and keep up the good work.

nice to hear that.
reading these post i came to a conclusion.
it's so sad that these little guys are doing fine most of the time when they're adopted.
the breeders (not generalizing) and pet shops are doing a terrible job. they're selling them with LOTS of problems.
mine, for example had a shedding spot problem (10 dollars spent) + lack of vitamins (almost 30 dollars) and some mixture of calcium liquid (20 dollars) - total, i paid more on the vet than on buying her. and i have to spend money and time for a parasite check too, AND the most disturbing of all, i 'ordered' a boy ... surprise, I HAVE A GIRL :))
Sounds like you have gone through a lot. But you know after having put forth so much energy for her I think you will really bond and appreciate her. Hope all goes well!
It sounds like Pascal is coming around. You are doing a great job with him. Thank you for the update and keep up the good work.

It means alot to hear that from an experienced veiled keeper and breeder like yourself. Been trying very hard so it means alot to know I have been doing some of it right!

And for all of you others I will be posting the pictures of him in my next reply ;)

pictures final part

Begging to come out...

Please ignore this bad selfie from after he came out...

He doesn't like new scary sticks...

AND FINALLY LOUNGING ON HIS LADDER BASKING!

Back
Top Bottom