Junk food!!

lzoronz

I did a post on this a while ago but I thought the situation was resolving itself, but alas no!

Our Panther will only eat wax worms (or junk food as we have coined them!), I have tried everything I can think of- We have kept a close watch on his weight with electronic scales and starved him for up to 3 days, which I hate and he just goes grey.

I have tried brown and black crickets all sizes, locusts and freshly moulted mealies, collard greens (spring greens in UK).

Upping his water intake in case wax worms are how he is hydrating himself.

The only thing that worked for a while was whipping a locust in front of a wax worm last moment but he has got wise to that and I'm sure it can't be good for his tongue to alter the distance last second.

Its been like this for maybe 5 weeks! Any ideas????

Are there any other worms that are more nutritious? Bearing in mind that we are in the UK?

Cheers!

Thanks, I will try to source them.

I have just been reading that Goliath worms need some kind of license in the UK but I have no idea if thats true, it was on a forum somewhere.

Can Cockroaches and worms be in their diet?

Thanks, I will try to source them.

I have just been reading that Goliath worms need some kind of license in the UK but I have no idea if thats true, it was on a forum somewhere.

Can Cockroaches and worms be in their diet?

Cockroaches can totally replace crickets or locusts. But the more variety the better. I reccomend Dubia roaches. If you use Dubia as a staple and add in silkworms, that would be a steady diet.

I have ordered some dubai roaches but I can only find butter worms or beatle grubs panchoda to buy will these be a healthier replacement to wax worms??

I have no experience on the beatle grubs. But it sounds intresting. Do you have any nutritional facts on them? Butterworms are still not as healthy. Have you tried superworms or Zophoba? They are larger than mealworms and move around alot. The shell is not as harsh as mealworms either. Oh yeah house flies are good too. Basically anything that you can gutload will do good.

i believe that someone said in an earlier topic that if this happens starve them for a day or 2 (if they aren't babies) and then they will be really hungry and eat the crickets. Not sure if that is 100% correct but that seems to be the solution i read when someone else had the same problem.

Oh! Bloody 'ell!!! I am now trying two types of Roach, black and brown crickets, locusts, meal worms, wax worms, collard greens and Pachnoda grubs...

He LOVES the Pachoda grubs but I have since found out that that they are just as nutritionally devoid as wax worms... Plus because they seem to eat the earth they compact him a little I think because he now has giant poo's every few days instead of normal size daily ones. WHY WILL HE ONLY EAT STUFF THATS BAD FOR HIM!!!!!????

Barry will only eat freshly molted white roaches and is not fooled by making them look white with calcium. He won't go near crickets, locusts or mealies.

I have tried starving him as long as I dare but he is just super stubborn. I have seen Calci-worms for sale but they look tiny!

I really really did not fancy this but what about pinkies? Would they be better?

I have no idea what to do now! HELP!!!

Back
Top Bottom