Jungle dawn

Reptar313

Established Member
Just curious as to where I should place this light currently have it in the screen but the uvb and basking light are raised up off the screen. Should I do the same with it? My veiled chameleon likes to bask under it a lot. I know that’s not an issue just wondering if I should raise it up with the others or leave it on the screen. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• E5D30A61-5A20-49DC-816D-2CB4F0B782A4.jpeg
    E5D30A61-5A20-49DC-816D-2CB4F0B782A4.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 06A2105F-3FBF-4E61-807A-3F44BBE7B13A.jpeg
    06A2105F-3FBF-4E61-807A-3F44BBE7B13A.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 43
I had to get it once I seen a post how good it is. Plus it matches the uvb lamp so it’s perfect to me. Was going to go with sensi but this seemed like a better option to me.

For what you just sent me it’s the same price as the jungle dawn.. and the jungle dawn has more leds on it.. and if you read the description are meant to be for supplemental lighting on the sides.. so am a little confused

What size u get. They good lights I have one. And few different bands of them. All hooked together. One I showed was frist site that popped up. Josh frogs and pangea has there band of them too

Can also goto other grow sites and they have 100 to 150 without colored leds for about same prices with newer leds. The older leds put off les light then the newer ones with less watts don't knw when jungle dawn came out but do knw they came out with alot of newer leds that they put in the fixtures.

Ok thank you. So what are the temps it is producing and is it a young screen climbing cham?

Note you do not want a fog line going under hot lighting. This can cause bacteria growth. Also that expandable tube is going to be an issue as well because is holds water in the tube. So it is not going to dry out during the day like you want it too. Most of use switch over to PVC pipe. I just took the top of my fogger with me to home depot and got pieces that worked to hook pvc pipe up to it.

Ok thank you. So what are the temps it is producing and is it a young screen climbing cham?

Note you do not want a fog line going under hot lighting. This can cause bacteria growth. Also that expandable tube is going to be an issue as well because is holds water in the tube. So it is not going to dry out during the day like you want it too. Most of use switch over to PVC pipe. I just took the top of my fogger with me to home depot and got pieces that worked to hook pvc pipe up to it.
He’s about 9 months old doesn’t climb the screen. Ambient temp of the cage is about 72-78 depending how hot my room gets during the day.
Already been thinking about going to pvc I don’t like that tube. I only run the fogger with the lights off but I see what you’re saying I was think it would help dry it out during the day.

He’s about 9 months old doesn’t climb the screen. Ambient temp of the cage is about 72-78 depending how hot my room gets during the day.
Already been thinking about going to pvc I don’t like that tube. I only run the fogger with the lights off but I see what you’re saying I was think it would help dry it out during the day.
Ok so as long as you can hold your hand under the jungle dawn and it does not feel too hot or burn then it should be fine to have on the cage top. If it is too hot because these fixtures can produce some serious heat then you will need to raise it off the top. Test the temp when it has been on at least an hour.

Yeah with the tube it actually just holds moisture more if there is heat on it. I like PVC tubes also because you can cut them into smaller 12 inch lengths and then use a connector on it. What this does is makes them small enough to clean if you need to. But you can use elbows to get the bend you need too. With the smooth sides everything drains back out the length and it dries out pretty well.

Ok so as long as you can hold your hand under the jungle dawn and it does not feel too hot or burn then it should be fine to have on the cage top. If it is too hot because these fixtures can produce some serious heat then you will need to raise it off the top. Test the temp when it has been on at least an hour.

Yeah with the tube it actually just holds moisture more if there is heat on it. I like PVC tubes also because you can cut them into smaller 12 inch lengths and then use a connector on it. What this does is makes them small enough to clean if you need to. But you can use elbows to get the bend you need too. With the smooth sides everything drains back out the length and it dries out pretty well.
Thanks for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom