Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D July 2006
:D
view entries

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places. If they prefer, overseas winners may choose a $40 Amazon gift certificate.

2nd place: 5 lbs of wer gutload :)
Wild Eye Reptiles' gutload is a culmination of 12 years of research and application. The recipe has been adapted to fit the needs of captive insectivores, providing the proper balance of vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients. Learn more about wer gutload by following this link.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: July 15, 2006
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: July 15
voting: July 16 - July 31
contest results will be announced on August 1 2006

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Brad, how strict are the rules? I see lots of images that don't meet the 800x600 minimum requirements. Are they still elidgeable?

800x600 is an odd dimension...

Most digital cameras would take photos that are either 600x903 (903x600) or 800x532 (532x800) because of the aspect ratio... But I completly agree that any photos below something around 800x600 pixils should be resubmitted. Makes for better vieiwing, and more useful especially if the photo was to be used by the forums. I don't think anyones cameras have trouble shooting that size...

I have no idea how to alter my photo size to be exactly 600 X 800. Under each photo entered in the contest I see two sets of dimensions. Which ones are we talking about here anyway? The ones on the left, or the second set of dimensions on the right?:confused:

The ones to the right, the left size ones are the default "Small" size of every photo, so you don't have to view it in full size. If you want to see it larger, just click on them.

I have not been very strict in the past because we never had a very high amount of entries. If there are a large number of entries, I may remove the photos that do not meet the requirements before voting begins. In the past when I have been a judge, a small penalty has been applied to images that do not meet the minimum size.

That being sad, the minimum size needs to be re-worded; it does not take into account long photos (longer height than width). The minimum pixel size can be reversed (600w 800h).

---------------
congrats italy :)

Oops

Sorry, I accidentally uploaded 2 copys of my picture. The first one I uploaded wasnt quite 800x600 so I uploaded another. Then I realized how to replace my picture, but I couldn't figure out how to delete one of them. Hope this doesn't count against me.

Adam

Ok, I thought your previous entry was automatically deleted when you submit a replacement. I not have two pics, and I can't figure out how to delete the first (the deremensis). I can't figure it out. I'm going to try - but in the meantime, don't eliminate me for posting two pics! The melleri is the one I want to submit.

Eric A

Eric Adrignola said:
Ok, I thought your previous entry was automatically deleted when you submit a replacement. I not have two pics, and I can't figure out how to delete the first (the deremensis). I can't figure it out. I'm going to try - but in the meantime, don't eliminate me for posting two pics! The melleri is the one I want to submit.

Eric A
I beleive it is possible to just switch the catagory of the image, so select the one you dont want, and change it from "July Contest" to "Member Gallery" and it will move it to your gallery, wher you can delete it if wanted.

I am out of town, so voting on the July photo contest may not start until Sunday evening or Monday afternoon. Results for the 'best of 2005' will probably not be posted until Sunday evening or Monday afternoon.

Eric: I removed the deremensis from the contest.

i accidently put a picture of splinter digging in the contest , i just deleted it and had to edit this.

Last edited:
The photo entry phase is over and voting has now started.

Gallery Link

Slide Show Link

I recommend viewing the original images in the gallery before voting. Good luck to everyone.

------------------
Brad 7-09-2006 said:
I have not been very strict in the past because we never had a very high amount of entries. If there are a large number of entries, I may remove the photos that do not meet the requirements before voting begins. In the past when I have been a judge, a small penalty has been applied to images that do not meet the minimum size.

That being sad, the minimum size needs to be re-worded; it does not take into account long photos (longer height than width). The minimum pixel size can be reversed (600w 800h).
I decided to remove all images that did not meet the size requirements listed in the photo contest rules. This was not an easy decision, as I hate being the bad guy. We had 22 entries before the screening; five photos were removed giving a total of 17 photos available to vote on.

To get larger images, you need to change the camera options before taking the photo. Another option is to use a program to increase the size, but some quality may be lost. There are a lot of programs that do this sort of thing. Photoshop and paintshop are nice; a good free option might be irfanview.

The image dimension requirement may be adjusted before the August contest.

Back
Top Bottom