Juice Fasting

PrettyInInk87

Who else in here is a juicer? I just started a reboot 10 day juice detox fast and am on day 3. I have lost a total if 6 pounds since I started and feeling pretty good. On October first I will be starting a 31 day fast to try and reach a total 40 pound loss goal. :)

As you juicers know, lots of pulp is left over from the fruits and veggies. I found a solution! Toss it in the roach bins! :D Double win for me.

Make sure you are getting all of your vitamins... weight loss by starvation can be detrimental to your health if you don't do it right.
Most people gain it right back anyways because they splurge after the fast.

The best "diet" is moderate exercise as well as snacking instead of gorging. 4-6 light meals a day instead of 3 heavy ones is a much better choice/option.

I dont eat after 5 pm so I don't ever go to sleep with food in my belly. I also like konjac root fiber! It's pretty dang awesome at limiting your food intake without depriving you of food or making you still feel hungry! A lot of big brand name weight loss pills have konjac root fiber as the main ingredient, but sell it for $30+ for a months worth. You can buy a months worth of konjac root for $7 or so dollars (sometimes it's only $7 with shipping included!)

I'm on this crazy medicine that makes me hungry all the time, so I just take a few of the konjac pills to limit my intake (but I can still eat when I'm hungry!)

I am definitely not starving myself since I'm juicing lots of fruits and veggies... Carrot, apple, pear, celery, spinach, kale, ginger... I still have LOTS more fruits and veggies to try.

This us only the first step to a life ling change, it's a detox and cleanse and I'm sure it'll only get better with time. I want to five my body what ut NEEDS nit what it wants. :)

I was inspired by the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" it's on Netflix, if you have Netflix, watch it! I'm sure you can find it on YouTube as well.

http://www.juicefasting.org/detox.htm

Oh and I was bulimic and anarexic for 5 years and I know what starvation is, I'm definitely nit starving myself.

I don't take medication for anything (I'm against it) but have taken weight loss pills. Not the best...

Ohh lawdy. I need me my crazy pills. ;)

In all seriousness though, I don't function correctly without them. I wish I didn't need them because of all the odd side effects I experience though. (apparently I have extremely rare side effects happen to me with just about every med I've taken!) I have a bunch of crazy family illnesses/disorders/diseases/defects in my lineage.

Wow, that must be tough. I have read and heard that juicing rids people if having to take medication to control their illnesses. I just really hate the pharmaceutical (?) companies, all they want is money money money, they don't care that you feel better. :/ Oh well. :)

Last edited:
Wow, that must be tough. I have read and heard that juicing rids people if having to take medication to control their illnesses. I just really hate the pharmaceutic (?) companies, all they want is money money money, they don't care that you feel better. :/ Oh well. :)
Of course they do, how else would they be some of the most powerful companies in the world?

Some stuff is beneficial, though, you just have to know when there are alternatives and whether or not you should take them.

IMO juicing is a little extreme because it delivers way more vitamins per volume than the actual fruits and vegetables. Which is great short term for a boost, long term like I see some on you-tube doing- maybe not so great. Probably better to eat the actual vegetables and fruits so you get the whole deal in portions your wild ancestors would eat plus the fiber.

You might want to check into research done in the China Study and similar. Basically it found we eat way too much meat. Limiting meat to around 10% of the total diet and avoiding corn syrup and a few other things prevents a *lot* of things that kill us or put us on long term medication. Things like obesity, heart disease, diabetes, cancers.

I think you would also enjoy watching "forks over knives" on netflix to see what I am talking about. It takes it a little extreme- all the way to veganism which is not really healthy either (I recently read a good book by a vegan for 20 years who gave it up and why.) but it shows doctors who actually took deathbead patients referred to them by other doctors for research, taught them how to eat, and years later the patients were thriving.

I can't remember the research that came up with the 10% meat- there was an excellent book I read about it once, (actually might be 12% but 10 is good and easy to remember).

Who else in here is a juicer? I just started a reboot 10 day juice detox fast and am on day 3. I have lost a total if 6 pounds since I started and feeling pretty good. On October first I will be starting a 31 day fast to try and reach a total 40 pound loss goal. :)

As you juicers know, lots of pulp is left over from the fruits and veggies. I found a solution! Toss it in the roach bins! :D Double win for me.

The bad thing about juicing is that you don't get enough protein or fat in your diet. Protein is essential to keep healthy muscles and without enough in your diet you body will cannibalize your muscle for protein. Fat is essential to maintain healthy brain function and the "GOOD" Fats help regulate the "Bad" Cholesterol. Any Fitness Guru will tell your that loosing more that 1lbs per week will result in muscle/water loss which means your may be loosing weight but your still keeping most the fat. The proper way to loose weight is with a balanced diet and a calorie deficit of no more that 500 calories per day depending on your body fat, Height ect. Also monitoring your Body fat percentage to determine if your weight loss is actual fat your losing. Just my .02 I did alot of research and consulted with lots of fitness trainers and i lost a total of 40lbs of "FAT" but total I lost 55lbs.

Losing 10lbs and losing 10lbs of actual fat is a big difference in appearance.

Reactions: Syn
Check out some fitness forums if your want to learn more about nutrition. learn about macro nutrients, body fat percentage, Nutrition timing, and calorie deficits. Learn about protein, simple carbs, complex carbs, and the different types of fats they all play a roll in staying healthy. There are lots of fitness gurus out there that can help if you want to loose weight and keeping it off the healthy way.

I juice all the time but I also live on some solid meats. If I don't get enough red meat in my diet I start to have the dreams of being a wolf chasing little deer.. must be my blood type:) I put so many fruits and vegetables in my juice and do the same thing with the pulp.. gutload.. HA! I also use a really good blender to put strawberies and bananas and some berries that dont juice so well with my juicer. It's not my diet.. but it has a kick that beats coffee!

The bad thing about juicing is that you don't get enough protein or fat in your diet. Protein is essential to keep healthy muscles and without enough in your diet you body will cannibalize your muscle for protein. Fat is essential to maintain healthy brain function and the "GOOD" Fats help regulate the "Bad" Cholesterol. Any Fitness Guru will tell your that loosing more that 1lbs per week will result in muscle/water loss which means your may be loosing weight but your still keeping most the fat. The proper way to loose weight is with a balanced diet and a calorie deficit of no more that 500 calories per day depending on your body fat, Height ect. Also monitoring your Body fat percentage to determine if your weight loss is actual fat your losing. Just my .02 I did alot of research and consulted with lots of fitness trainers and i lost a total of 40lbs of "FAT" but total I lost 55lbs.

Losing 10lbs and losing 10lbs of actual fat is a big difference in appearance.
+1 that, buddy.

i gotta agree..... eat right, and having fun working out is what i consider my thing.

though i also feel you can eat anything just in moderation.

I love weight-lifting for example but i know that you dont get muscle while excersicing you actually lose muscle, its the rest and nutrition period is when you restore your muscle back and better than ever

also that you when you lose body fat, you lose it at the spot you recently gained fat on your body.

ex: starting getting fat on stomache, then thighs, and finally neck

if you start excersicing right and eat well, you lose weight/fat on your neck first, then thighs, and finally stomache, it goes backwards lol

though if my information is wrong, please correct me, im definatley no nutritionist:p

i gotta agree..... eat right, and having fun working out is what i consider my thing.

though i also feel you can eat anything just in moderation.

I love weight-lifting for example but i know that you dont get muscle while excersicing you actually lose muscle, its the rest and nutrition period is when you restore your muscle back and better than ever

also that you when you lose body fat, you lose it at the spot you recently gained fat on your body.

ex: starting getting fat on stomache, then thighs, and finally neck

if you start excersicing right and eat well, you lose weight/fat on your neck first, then thighs, and finally stomache, it goes backwards lol

though if my information is wrong, please correct me, im definatley no nutritionist:p

Any bodybuilder will tell you it's not how many weights you lift if your diet is not right you might as well stay home.

Any bodybuilder will tell you it's not how many weights you lift if your diet is not right you might as well stay home.

im aware of that, and that's true, that is like saying, you are gonna run the marathon, but havent ran in your life and continue eating junkfood and had a monster drink before doing the marathon....

clearly nutrition and excercise go hand in hand.

and i dont just "powerlift", i do "bodybuild" as far as lighter weight and more repitions.

powerflifting requires a but more protein in your diet.
other than weightlifting i like todo cardio when i can lol hiking, running/walking the dog, and swimming:D

Back
Top Bottom