Johnston's chameleons...care and breeding...

I kept and bred this species for a while. They can be quite striking in appearance. They can also be pretty shy.
49FC65DC-BA03-4380-BA5D-7B80986054A0.jpeg
F0601580-23E0-49A3-A63C-0EC7EA56E173.jpeg
1962A5C2-3EFF-4190-94F9-04BAB1AB7253.jpeg
F3BF3181-6A42-41E9-934E-C62C1B90BB9B.jpeg
66BE74D4-7B9A-4A79-86FC-6F9380CCB609.jpeg

The AdCham.com website serves as an international center for cleaning services NYC and the sharing of information regarding old world chameleons.
https://www.adcham.com/
That always cracks me up. :ROFLMAO:

I'd be hard-pressed to tell this species from Jackson's, but I expect some of that may just be sour grapes. :cautious: 🤷‍♂️

All the pics are very nice, but somehow the last one (directly above) stands out to me. I like it very much. Makes me smile. :)

Thanks for this moment of enlightenment. 🤓

Kinyonga

Thanks for posting this PDF. It is an oldie PDF article. However this PDF is a goodie. One of the original documents about Trioceros johnstoni. This is a great repost document that I have had the opportunity to read every now and then.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Beautiful! Just curious if there are any still in the hobby?
Nope, well...it depends. There may be a few people in Europe (though I doubt it). But there aren't any keepers of johnstoni in North America.

Also, FLChams hasn't had anything good available in years.

Anyone with johnstoni would not be selling them on their website. They are just one of those species that slipped through the gaps when they were available. It's a beautiful species. Too bad they weren't more popular.

T.Johnstoni Have only been imported to the United States about 3 times in the last 50 years.
Most likely all the Pictures in this thread are from the last time they were ever imported.
They are Highly coveted and extremely hard to obtain.
The last time was from Uganda, and Uganda is very hard to obtain chameleons from this beautiful third world country.
There is also a Farm in Uganda , where did i see the farm ?

T.Johnstoni Have only been imported to the United States about 3 times in the last 50 years.
Most likely all the Pictures in this thread are from the last time they were ever imported.
They are Highly coveted and extremely hard to obtain.
The last time was from Uganda, and Uganda is very hard to obtain chameleons from this beautiful third world country.
There is also a Farm in Uganda , where did i see the farm ?
They are rarely imported. However Trioceros johnstoni has been imported more than three times. Paul Fowler imported some Trioceros Johnstoni. Steve McNary and Backwater Reptiles imported some at separate times. All three of these imports are between 2006 -2016. I think they are a great species that is rarely imported and not noticed as they are just not as celebrated as other species and as they should be.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom