Johnstoni Outside

"Dimple!" That's exactly what I was looking at but couldn't think of a good way to describe it. When I see that dimple I generally expect to be able to feel eggs by gentle palpation. Just lightly pinch her belly from both sides and if you feel anything like eggs, that's all they can be. Dont worry about hurting her if youre gentle; just think about all the tight spots through branches that she can manipulate her body and squeeze through. It's been a while but johnstoni eggs should be relatively large for their size (already vascularized, no diapause = short incubation time). If you can judge how big the eggs are already it could offer some idea as to how soon she'll lay.

How about Cera for the female. That was the name of the Triceratops in Land Before Time. IMHO :D

By the way, both of them are beautiful. I hope she is gravid and gives you lots of healthy babies...

Last edited:
They both look great! And since the males sharptooth how bout little foot for the female?! Haha :)

How about Cera for the female. That was the name of the Triceratops in Land Before Time. IMHO :D

By the way, both of them are beautiful. I hope she is gravis and gives you lots of healthy babies...

Soorry Ahtee I had missed your post. I had thought about both those names when I got them but unfortunately my other half said no to both names :/ I might just go with Little Foot though and act like nothing was said :p

"Dimple!" That's exactly what I was looking at but couldn't think of a good way to describe it. When I see that dimple I generally expect to be able to feel eggs by gentle palpation. Just lightly pinch her belly from both sides and if you feel anything like eggs, that's all they can be. Dont worry about hurting her if youre gentle; just think about all the tight spots through branches that she can manipulate her body and squeeze through. It's been a while but johnstoni eggs should be relatively large for their size (already vascularized, no diapause = short incubation time). If you can judge how big the eggs are already it could offer some idea as to how soon she'll lay.

I did this not too long ago but couldnt feel anything in her but I will try again in the morn and see if I can feel anything now.

What a gorgeous species!

Thanks Jann :D

Back
Top Bottom