Johnstoni Outside

ChamHoudini

Took the new guys outside. I thought I would share these colors.

I have named the Male Sharptooth :p Still cant think of a name for the female but it will come in time. :D

IMG_9695.jpg

IMG_9693.jpg

IMG_9674.JPG

IMG_9673.JPG

How gorgeous!

Are Johnstoni the scientific name for three-horned chameleons (not jacksons, three horns)

Very healthy looking for fresh imports AND great colors AND the female is gravid?? Congrats!

How gorgeous!

Are Johnstoni the scientific name for three-horned chameleons (not jacksons, three horns)

I am not 100% on how to answer this. Hopefully someone can for you though. I am not sure if you are asking about the three horned chameleon. The usumbara chameleon or about the genus of this type

Very healthy looking for fresh imports AND great colors AND the female is gravid?? Congrats!

Thanks I hope she is. That photo she had caught a glimpse of my male and instantly fired up

There are six different species (hope I'm not forgetting any) of three horned chameleons; all in the genus Trioceros. They are T. jacksonii, T. deremensis, T. fuelleborni, T. werneri, T. johnstoni, and T. oweni.

MInd sharing a bit of info about your care levels? Specifically the temps you are keeping them at and how they handled the heat outside today in Texas?

They look great,,

Thanks!

MInd sharing a bit of info about your care levels? Specifically the temps you are keeping them at and how they handled the heat outside today in Texas?

They look great,,

Thanks!

Thanks

I keep them in a spare bathroom that stays 75 degrees. I have a basking light for them that gets their basking spot to 80 but they don't go to it at all.

I Had them out this morning when it wasn't too hot it got to about 85 before I brought them in and they seemed to love it outside both really colored up nicely as you can see from the pics

They both drink like no tomorrow every time they get misted.

Let me know if you want to know anything else

Thanks

I keep them in a spare bathroom that stays 75 degrees. I have a basking light for them that gets their basking spot to 80 but they don't go to it at all.

I Had them out this morning when it wasn't too hot it got to about 85 before I brought them in and they seemed to love it outside both really colored up nicely as you can see from the pics

Any drop in night time temp? Or do you keep the room at a constant 75ish? Thanks for sharing.

I knew I was forgetting something temp related. They do get a night time drop. I lower my a/c and it drops the bathroom to about 65 degrees. I have heard that they like a breeze at night but I haven't done anything about that yet

Thanks

They look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! We want to know EVERYTHING that you would like to share with us about them as some of us are expecting ours soon. :)

There are six different species (hope I'm not forgetting any) of three horned chameleons; all in the genus Trioceros. They are T. jacksonii, T. deremensis, T. fuelleborni, T. werneri, T. johnstoni, and T. oweni.

Ah thanks! Jacksonii is jacksons. This is Johnstoni which I think is nicknamed "three-horned chameleon"

They look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! We want to know EVERYTHING that you would like to share with us about them as some of us are expecting ours soon. :)

Here is a little about how I am keeping these guys for everyone wondering.
Everyone feel free to PM me with any questions or anything at all. :D
(This is not a caresheet but just how I am keeping my Johnstoni.)

Chameleon - trioceros johnstoni

Handling - I have held them both and they are calm. The male has eatten from my hand while being on my hand and climbed out on me a couple time while doing stuff in his cage. The female doesnt mind me but usually just hangs out while I do stuff and will climb in my hand if I need her to.

Feeding - Crickets a couple super worm and dubias so far / 7 to 8 crickets or 4 to 5 dubias

Gutloading - using bug burger / cricket crack / dino fuel/ veggies/ poppy and sesame seeds

Supplements - Zoo med Calcium with and without D3/ Herpavite Vitamins/ calcium without two times a week/ others once a month

Watering - I am using a sprayer with a wand and RO water/ spray for 2 minutes 4 times a day/ both of them do drink and eat in front of me

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Zilla screen cage that is 30"wide x 18"deep x 30"tall

Lighting - Zoo med t5 ho 5.0 reptisun uvb / 40w household bulb, 12 hours on 12 hours off

Temperature - ambient temps 70 - 77 basking 80 - 82/ overnight temp 65- 68/ I have taken them outside until it got to be 85 outside felt like 88. Kept them a lil extra misted while outside.

Humidity - the bathrooms stay around 60% and spraying brings it up to around 80%

Plants - umbrella plant/ exo terra fake plants/ zoo med fake plants/ flukers vines

Placement - spare bathroom cages are on top of the tub

Just wanted to give everyone an update on these two. They are doing great with no issues so far. Both are drinking and eating like champs. I did get them a fan for the night time but it doesnt seem to really make any difference with them or where they sleep. I have noticed that they both are using the basking spots now. I am starting to really think that the female might be gravid as she gets real dark when she catches a glimpse of the male but I guess only time will tell. I will try to get some more recent photos up for everyone. :D

As always feel free to contact me with anything about these or any of my other chameleons :D

She looks very gravid in those new photos. I bet you can feel the eggs at this point and if so, it shouldn't be long.

Back
Top Bottom