Jdog's Extracurricular Activities,...

jdog1027

Established Member
Me and my son took a lovely stroll down the 'ole creek a couple of days ago looking for some of these adorable little creatures. Found three. We also found a whole puddle of emerging Hyla cinera treefrogs.

Vicious,..
DSCN0463.jpg

He HATES Mondays,...
DSCN0464.jpg

The Money Shot- It tastes like Gatorade,...
DSCN0466.jpg

Jdog vs. The Kraken!!!!
RSCN0645.jpg

Looks like fun -So what kind of snake is it? And how venomous is it? Were you doing it for any reason (eg. are you keeping them?), or just to play....

Looks like fun -So what kind of snake is it? And how venomous is it? Were you doing it for any reason (eg. are you keeping them?), or just to play....

That is a Agkistrodon piscivorus, or more commonly known as a Water Moccasin or Cottonmouth.

Justin, seems like you guys had a good stroll.

As Bigcappa said, a Cottonmouth. How venomous are they,..well let's just say that they can cause a little 'Fleshwound'! I always go out herp hunting. Early fall is a good time to go out and find Cottonmouths and Rattlesnakes here in Alabama. I've done it for almost 30 years now. Only been bitten twice!!! I no longer keep snakes, and it became illegal to possess venomous reptiles in Alabama in 2000. Just do it for thrills nowadays.

That is a Agkistrodon piscivorus, or more commonly known as a Water Moccasin or Cottonmouth.

Justin, seems like you guys had a good stroll.

Yeah, it was a good stroll. I've had better, but also worse. ATVs are now carving paths in and around the creek we've always hunted on and it is becoming increasingly difficult to find reptiles in the numbers I did when I was a kid.

Careful with those things of someday your nick name will be "Lefty".

HA!!! I'm already a lefty! But yeah, 'safety' is my middle name, as you can see in the photo titled' Jdog vs. The Kraken'!!!

Wow - Great photo's, though, I wouldn't be caught dead there (or would I) - Being in Oregon there isn't really anything like that here... would be amazing to see though.

Hell, I'm more jealous of that goat u got growin!:eek:

HAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Look closer at the picture,... that's actually my pony tail hanging over my shoulder!!:D Somebody else who was looking at pictures on my camera said the same thing the other day. It does look pretty convincing. I wish I could sustain a goat that long!!!

HAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Look closer at the picture,... that's actually my pony tail hanging over my shoulder!!:D Somebody else who was looking at pictures on my camera said the same thing the other day. It does look pretty convincing. I wish I could sustain a goat that long!!!

HAHA I thought the same thing LOL

I say to each his own, I would left the area faster than a free parsons.:eek: If it was fun for you and your son, then it is all good.

If I'm out in the field hunting herps, I'm having fun:D Come on Laurie, nothing like going out knee deep in the muck and tempting death:D!!!

If I'm out in the field hunting herps, I'm having fun:D Come on Laurie, nothing like going out knee deep in the muck and tempting death:D!!!

How come this never came up when we have been on the phone?? Did i never use the word - chicken???

I no longer keep snakes, and it became illegal to possess venomous reptiles in Alabama in 2000. Just do it for thrills nowadays.

That's always something that's seemed funny to me......what's the point in making keeping anything illegal when you're allowed to have guns? :) The petshop owner down the road from me has various rattlers and a few vipers on display......(not for sale though -you still need a license in Britain). Also thought that was your beard.........

I use to herp for rattlers n other critters......got alot of desert out here. But I'm thinkin your area is much better.....

Back
Top Bottom