Jasmine started digging!

Well now it seems as if she got to the bottom of the bin and didn't like the hole she dug, so she left the bin and is now scratching around the bottom of her cage outside the bin. Sigh. I was hoping this would be easy. I guess I need to get her something bigger asap with some more sand :(

Lily did the same thing with her second clutch. She dug about a bit for 3 days before finally getting down to business on the fourth day! She kept doing the same as Jasmine - digging on the floor outside the bin, and she had a choice of two bins as well!:rolleyes: I created a false floor using cardboard and empty crix tubs to bring the temporary floor up to the level of the top of the laying tubs so she could'nt go down to the bottom of the cage. It worked a treat and she got on with the job the next day! Hope Jasmine gets on with things ok!

Thanks :) I got a bigger bucket and filled it with sand/cocofiber. It's like a mini garbarge can that I was going to use to store catfood lol. She's in there now digging again and all you can see is her tail. The camera is on still so you can see her progress :cool:

Now she is turned around in the hole and I can just barely make out her face, so I guess that means she might be laying the eggs right now :D

She's done! After covering the hole for about an hour, she climbed up out, had a long drink, and ate a cricket. Now she's just stomping around her cage angrily, although she's normally not a very happy cham lol. I switched the camera onto Pepper, my Jackson's cham, but if you are on the chameleon cam page, you can see some recordings I made of Jasmine while she was digging and laying her eggs. Now I'm going to go dig them up, any wagers on how many she laid? :D

Back
Top Bottom