jacksons list

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanthoman

Avid Member
i just had a clutch of 14 xanths , i am not trying to arrainge sales or taking any deposits ,but i would like to put together a list of people that may be interested when the appropriate time comes (probably sometime in october), can provide current pics and updates on request, prices have yet to be determined, and will vary according to the individual cham , these chams will only be available to experienced cham keepers with the means and knowledge to take care of them , those who can convince me that they have significant experience keeping jackson's or other similar montane chams will have preferance, i want dedicated homes for these guys

can you please tell us a little about origin, ch, cb?

also just curious have you reared jax before?
i have raised a couple of clutches of veileds some years ago ,but, this is my first clutch of jackson's, now day ten and everyone seems to be thriving, eating and drinking readily , the parents were captive bred (of hawaiian origin) raised for the most part in outdoor enclosure until birthing, i do not have the father, i got the female gravid, i also have another female which i believe may be gravid ,but has yet to display gravid coloration, can provide pics of the mom on request

jacksons list update

to date , all are doing well ,and to date, there have been so far 4 people who have expressed interest ,including one pair, that ads up to six chams so far, there are only 14 and i will probably keep two , so assuming that everybody is sincere, that leaves a maximum of six chams remaining to date , which could be a little presumtuous, there is still a long ways to go, also , i will probably take a couple of more names than there are chams available, just to have as backups , in case for whatever reasons, any of the early listers are unable to follow through, but with a maximum of six spots remaining , i would suggest that anyone seriously interested, chime in shortly, please note that there are no guarantees (at this point) and getting on the list does not insure that you will get a cham(s).there is still a long ways to go before everyone can be declared healthy and stable, ( chams and listers) / when the appropriate time comes all perspective recipients, will be given updated video & pics of the actual specific animal(s) to be sent ,(before any funds are taken). there will be a limited live delivery guaranty, however should anyone need to place a claim in that regard, it will most likely result in a refund , not a replacement of cham(s), because all will be spoken for, and the limited # of chams available

jackson's parentage clarification

actually i tried to edit my earlier post but it wouldnt let me, i suppose i could just make a new post, i wanted to ammend my response for clarity , it is believed that it is fairly certain that the mother is cb , but these cham came from a situation where they are housed in a Large outdoor enclosure with several other chameleons but every year up to 4 wc males are cycled through his breeding stock , so it is not nown for certain that the male was cb,although he claims the majority of his breeders to be cb, there is a substantial chance that the male father was wc , i guess you could call it a farm , the only thing i know for sure is the guy raises a lot chameleons, of course i can only go by what i am told , and i dont know the guy personally , so i have no way to verify anything i am told , but i do know the animals i have gotten from him are georgous, far better than other animals i have gotten online, or checked out locally. he has good shipping practices, and seems to take good care of his animals.

jacksons

just wondering if you are going to post any pics, I am looking for a Jackson and have owned a few others in the past and have a set up for the jackson now. Thanks, Scott

just wondering if you are going to post any pics, I am looking for a Jackson and have owned a few others in the past and have a set up for the jackson now. Thanks, Scott
there are early pics of them as well as pics of the mom, currently on page 4 of the general photography section under the title "welcome to the jungle" , as more posts are made ,the further back they will be listed ,if you have a problem finding them just seach that title or my posts, updated pics will probably be posted after next cage cleaning, probably tonite or tomorrow, if you dont want to wait then pm me your email address and i will send you some updated pics shortly , the only updated pics i have at this moment are too big of file size for the cf,at the time of this posting there is currently a maximum of 6 left available, not counting an almost adult red phase female that is available, also listed in the classifieds (not the mother of the current clutch )

day 14, did a cage cleaning this morning and also a weighing, the smallest is a mere 1/2 gram , 2 are 7/10 gram and the remainder are all about one gram. this is my first weigh in , so i cannot say how much they have gained, they are all noticeably larger than just a few days ago

ch ?

can you please tell us a little about origin, ch, cb?

also just curious have you reared jax before?
dont know what ch is ? , i assume it is captive handled? ,all my chams , including the neonates, (with the exception of mom )are handled at least every couple of days for cleaning purposes, pics are at 12 days old

i think i am going to have to adjust my count of maximum possible number of chams remaining to 5 , the runt of the litter is just not progressing like the others and so i am withdrawing him from the count , the others all seem to be doing great and have now moved on to house flies (cultured not wild caught), when the existing house fly culture is expended, they will move on to blue bottle flies.

When are you planning on letting these guys go? At what age?
it all depends, for keepers that need shipping , or keepers i am not familiar with, i would say sometime in early sept. at the very earliest , considerably longer if they do not have montane experience, plus i would ship to portland or cali sooner than i would ship to ny. however, they are growing much faster than i expected, so, for you , since it would be local pickup, and your considerable experience is known to me, you are welcome to pick yours up whenever you are comfortable with it , to be perfectly honest , they are probably better off in your hands than mine, any that do not have solid arraingements by oct. will probably be made available at the nw captive breeders association expo oct 17th. & 18th / except for the runt ,they are all aggressively hunting and several have cup fed during experiments. most are curently capable of eating 1/4" crickets, as far as drinking ,they are all little guzzlers (even the runt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom