jacksons chamelion rescue !!!help!!

Stevenludtexas

my buddy is a mobile dog groomer who took in a jackosn chamelion from one of his customers, he couldnt keep it so it has ended up with me.i have him in a 18x18x36 planted terrerium both real and fake plants.humidity is 50-90%,daytime temps from 75-80 degrees with a basking light on 24/7 ,nightime 68-75.i have a fogger and have been misting the plants 3 times daily.he being fed gutloaded crickets and super worms he has been eating ok. 4-6 crickets daily and about 2-3 superworms.not showing any signs of bone disease as far as i can tell but he is skinny i have also not seen him drink not one time in the week ive had him. never owned a chamelion but he seems a bit lethargic.im worried hes either underweight/starving or hes deyhydrated please evaluate the pictures i include and let me know. thankyou

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpg
    IMG_2614.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2628.jpg
    IMG_2628.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 79
Hi there,I don't know much about the Jackson Chameleon,but I do know that your basking light should not be on 24/7...The chameleon needs a night time drop in temp..please look at the care resources,on the left hand side of the webpage.hopefully a more experienced forum member could tell you by the pics if they think the Chameleon looks dehydrated

24/7 during day time hours sorry i didnt clarify

Apparently just one more thing lost to antiquity. The true meaning of 24/7.:D high temps sound good. Try to get at least a 10 deg. drop at night(with no light) and if you want at more thorough critique fill out the how to ask for help sticky in the health clinic forum. Good luck!

my buddy is a mobile dog groomer who took in a jackosn chamelion from one of his customers, he couldnt keep it so it has ended up with me.i have him in a 18x18x36 planted terrerium both real and fake plants.humidity is 50-90%,daytime temps from 75-80 degrees with a basking light on 24/7 ,nightime 68-75.i have a fogger and have been misting the plants 3 times daily.he being fed gutloaded crickets and super worms he has been eating ok. 4-6 crickets daily and about 2-3 superworms.not showing any signs of bone disease as far as i can tell but he is skinny i have also not seen him drink not one time in the week ive had him. never owned a chamelion but he seems a bit lethargic.im worried hes either underweight/starving or hes deyhydrated please evaluate the pictures i include and let me know. thankyou

Stop using any light at night. He can't sleep well with the lighting at night and it will also dry out his setup too fast. Jax definitely need a drop in temp at night...at least 10 degrees.

If he has lots of foliage to drink from you may not see him do it. Maintaining a higher humidity level in cycles during the day will also keep him hydrated.

Be careful of your dusting schedule. Montane species like jax are sensitive to fat-soluable vitamins. He should be getting insects dusted with plain calcium (no added vit. D3) daily (just a light dusting), one dusting with calcium with added vit D3 about once a month, and one dusting with a herp multivitamin about once a month to 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom