Jackson's Chameleons @ Petco

This is good info, thank you! Do you pay $20/animal?
Are you talking about the insurance with Nationwide? Yes, it is like just under $20 a month. They will ask you for a history and your Vet info. There is a 14 day waiting period then your responsible for the first $100 deductible per pet and then 10% after the deductible is met. Everything is done through an app and they deposit the refunded amounts back to your bank. It is called Whole Pet with Wellness. This one is better because it covers urgent care and preventative care. For the price difference this is the one I would suggest you get.

The female is a little dehydrated but otherwise they don’t look terrible.

they are definitely not 4 months old, but they are definitely under a year of age. If I had to guess, these are siblings and were born in captivity from a female that came in gravid.

also these are Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus

they are definitely not 4 months old, but they are definitely under a year of age. If I had to guess, these are siblings and were born in captivity from a female that came in gravid.

Where is this Petco??

So, if she has been bred, being siblings, will that cause issue with the babies? Or is that not a thing in Chameleons?

I got my Jackson just like that and he’s been doing good so far, but hasn’t shed in the 4 weeks I’ve had him so Linda getting worried, but he’s all mellow and fed well, 4-5 small dubbias (since he’s a small male) in the morning, either a horn/Goliath worm during lunch. And either 3 dubbias or any other feeder I have that he can have per day. He’s fully hydrated and loves being handled, he’ll walk around and never stress around me. But story short I got my Jackson from petco and I was shocked to hear that he was the small male and someone took the larger one, and when I got him there were 3 females there!

Pictures or it didn't happen. JK but we really like pictures.

There ar epics on the 1st page, at the bottom. They are both still there. :-(
I think I'm going to get her this week & him next week after I get another enclosure. I feel so bad for them.

Not encouraging to buy from them, But what would make you feel good? Does buying them and giving them a fighting chance make you feel good?
It's about what you want. If that's the case go for it, I'm sure we will still be here to help ya out on your journey.
Just remember, We can't save them all!

Not encouraging to buy from them, But what would make you feel good? Does buying them and giving them a fighting chance make you feel good?
It's about what you want. If that's the case go for it, I'm sure we will still be here to help ya out on your journey.
Just remember, We can't save them all!

I know buying from Petco is a terrible idea & just encourages them to sell more. But I'm a bleeding heart & I try to save all the things. I can't help it.

Back
Top Bottom