Jackson's Chameleons @ Petco

I know buying from Petco is a terrible idea & just encourages them to sell more. But I'm a bleeding heart & I try to save all the things. I can't help it.
More importantly, are you familiar with xantholophus? Do you have experience with montanes? Are you able to give them the conditions they need? Also, if that female is 6 months old, and she’s been around a male at all, there’s a good chance she’ll have babies. Unfortunately, if the one she is with is her brother and the father of the babies, then the babies will be inbred. Not that that is a death sentence or anything, it’s just that having good genetics in the captive gene pool is important.

I know buying from Petco is a terrible idea & just encourages them to sell more. But I'm a bleeding heart & I try to save all the things. I can't help it.
Just be prepared for Vet care costs.... You said they were there for a month prior to your original post. So this would now make it that they have had improper UVB and supplementation for two and a half months. Just keep this in mind...

I have to discourage you to buy it/them. Think of the bigger picture. If you buy it the guess what they'll do? they'll ship in 10 more. its market demand. the only thing you'll acheive by buying them is saving 1/2 chams but killing 10.

But once they die, I’m pretty sure they will still ship in 10 more anyway @NashansCamos. Just saying, you might as well get them if you can pay for vet stuff, can provide proper conditions, and if you really want to save them. I feel like in the end it won’t make a difference to how many chams petco kills. NashansCamos it would just be delaying the shipment of more if those two were left to die. Eventually it would happen though. So yeah I feel it wouldn’t make a difference in the long run if they got them, except they’d be saving 2 where 2 would die otherwise. That’s just my opinion.

But once they die, I’m pretty sure they will still ship in 10 more anyway @NashansCamos. Just saying, you might as well get them if you can pay for vet stuff, can provide proper conditions, and if you really want to save them. I feel like in the end it won’t make a difference to how many chams petco kills. NashansCamos it would just be delaying the shipment of more if those two were left to die. Eventually it would happen though. So yeah I feel it wouldn’t make a difference in the long run if they got them, except they’d be saving 2 where 2 would die otherwise. That’s just my opinion.
yeah that is true.

The truth is the whole petco issue is a complete craphole and it looks like no one can stop it and the debates just keep going.

Back
Top Bottom