jacksons breeding

caroline?

Avid Member
howdy everyone so about 3 months ago i purchased a female jacksons chameleon from a local reptile shop 5 days later i have 32 baby chams...
(also think she's pregnant now she's huge)

the reptile shop told me she had been with a male the week before i got her but they had only had her for in their shop for about 2 weeks

im so confused about how breeding works because their literally living sperm banks ahaha
so my question is how many more clutches can she have? she was with a male while she was pregnant can she still get sperm from another cham while she's currently pregnant?
sorry if that made no sense lol

howdy everyone so about 3 months ago i purchased a female jacksons chameleon from a local reptile shop 5 days later i have 32 baby chams...
(also think she's pregnant now she's huge)

the reptile shop told me she had been with a male the week before i got her but they had only had her for in their shop for about 2 weeks

im so confused about how breeding works because their literally living sperm banks ahaha
so my question is how many more clutches can she have? she was with a male while she was pregnant can she still get sperm from another cham while she's currently pregnant?
sorry if that made no sense lol

Oh man what a surprise ?

If she was that close to delivery it is unlikely she would have been receptive. They seem to be most receptive a short time after giving birth. You will likley see her have 2 more clutches but 3 are possible. If she just passes slugs then more births are unlikely without another mating.

Back
Top Bottom