Jackson's born

MistGold

Hey!
I recently bought an Jackson Chameleon xanthopoulos and the seller told me he sent me an wrong female , the "wrong" female is about to born a babies and my question is how to make those babies survive?

I only currently "hatched"

37 Eggs of Furcifer Pardalis
300+ eggs of yemen

(I know jakcson dont do eggs)

My current terra and buildings:

5%UVB 13W
Heating Bulb 25W
Fogger

Temperature at day 25 Celcius , Heatspot 28 Celcius , Cooling spot 12-13 Celcius , night 16-18 Celcius

Dripper
60x60x100 (Long x depth x height)
humidity control at 75%
Feeding Everyday
Giving it calcium without d3 4 times a month ( i read its only need that much )
Vitamins with d3 Twice a month

Feeding it mostly on locust sometime crickets.

My expierience with Jacksonss are pretty low i just read few article but there is almost none information in my country about that Chameleon , soo i wanted to ask someone of you how should i keep the babies what humidity , when first calcium , when first feeding etc. Basiclly everything , as i read its one of the hardest chameleon to have.

I will appreciate for any help links etc.

Sorry for my bad english but it isnt my national language i hope you understund what i wanted to say :)

Definetly get them away from Mom as fast as you can. She will most likely eat them.

Care for them is a cage that can be a butterfly keeper or a screen cage. You will need flightless fruit flys, and pinhead crickets (small) or very tiny dubias. They need to be misted often an automatic mister would help. Make sure there is little to no standing water around so none of them have a possibility of drowning. If they are in a solid bottom container, put paper towels on the bottom, its an easy clean up and a safe bedding.

I would also wait for a more experienced owner or breeder to come and say something about it but I used to have about a 3 month old jacksons I assume that care is similar.

I would also take advantage of the care sheets on here and take a look at those.

Definetly get them away from Mom as fast as you can. She will most likely eat them.

Care for them is a cage that can be a butterfly keeper or a screen cage. You will need flightless fruit flys, and pinhead crickets (small) or very tiny dubias. They need to be misted often an automatic mister would help. Make sure there is little to no standing water around so none of them have a possibility of drowning. If they are in a solid bottom container, put paper towels on the bottom, its an easy clean up and a safe bedding.

I would also wait for a more experienced owner or breeder to come and say something about it but I used to have about a 3 month old jacksons I assume that care is similar.

I would also take advantage of the care sheets on here and take a look at those.

Its hard to get Butterfly keepers here , but it wouldnt be problem to get 0,5-6MM crickets i can get any size that exist , soo i assume everything else is like having small furcifers? for example?

Aint humidity supouse to be 90% or something ? I dont want them dead.

IF youre from usa may i ask you how much is there worth an jacksson chameleon?

Here for small one 600usd for adult one 1300+ and very hard to get.

Its hard to get Butterfly keepers here , but it wouldnt be problem to get 0,5-6MM crickets i can get any size that exist , soo i assume everything else is like having small furcifers? for example?

Aint humidity supouse to be 90% or something ? I dont want them dead.

IF youre from usa may i ask you how much is there worth an jacksson chameleon?

Here for small one 600usd for adult one 1300+ and very hard to get.

well here theyre about 70 usd and pretty common as pets humidity, mine was around like 70-80%

Let me know if you have any specific questions after you get thru the general information.
A couple of things that info my not cover. You don't have to panic over getting them out of the mothers cage. You have 24-48 hours to get them away from her before her appetite returns and they are at risk. So just check the cage daily. The babies do best if housed either outdoors weather permitting in a large densely planted cage or indoors in smaller glass cages with only one or two babies per cage. You will need to have fruit fly cultures going and ready.

Im really thank you , i cant really take them out im living in very cold country and we already have a snow here soo taking them outdoor isnt possible.
Drosophila melanogaster will be okay? I rather to stay with crickets but if this is nessecary i will get those.
Im really worried because one of a guy that i know from germany lost his 15 of 18 jacksson chameleons.

Soo you do not recommend me to hold them in typicial screen such as :
https://ca-en.hagen.com/Exo-Terra-Screen-Terrarium

If you recommend me an glass cages what size do you recommend me do the spiders one will be okay? I got like 50+ free of them.
I want to make them perfect conditions .

As i said im really new to "mountain chameleons" as i read they are pretty hard , i will study today the links you gave me and once again Thank you! :)

Edit:
I forgot to tell you i got a special room for jakcsons chameleons with climate controller

i can make there humidity 20-99% 5-50 Celcius without problem i want to hit in best for the babies.

Back
Top Bottom