jacksoniis

leedragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
hi, I really want to know from people who has jacksoniis about the best vivarium for them, I live in scandinavias so a vivarium of glas should be the best I think.
some pictures should be nice to.:)

Last edited:
For a male all screen 24 by 24 by 48 and the same just 24 by 24 by 36 for a female...but im no expert this is just the general outline.

there are many keepers in Europe that prefer glass or partially glass cages.

I do not keep Jacksons so thats about as much imput as I can give, I'm sure you'll have some constructive feedback soon enough ;p

hi I m from Italy and I have a Jacksonii xantholophus.
For me is not necessary a cage made of glass because this particular kind of chamaeleon can stay also with low temperature so for my animal I use a normal cage linked to a spot for a normal basking zone.

Hi, I hope some will come and tell me :) yes but Italy has not the same climate as in scandinavias, the glass cage is almost necessarily to produce to produce a microclimate

If your ambient temp is cool.. that is ok.. They like it cool, but still need a basking spot. As for humidity.... they like it high. If you think you can't keep the humidity up around 70% at all times then glass or partial glass is a good idea. I would use a 50/50 screen/glass type cage so you still have good ventilation. If you operate a humidifier you can keep the humidity up high enough for your jackson.

you can try to use some part of polystyrene because it is used for the cold temperature...you can put some of it around the cage

My Jackson's like it warm if the suns out they are in it. They like moisture. People here may say they like the cool. 70 is nice for them. They are well adaptive to temperatures, but you will find they like it warm like most chams.

It would make it since to put lots of vines and vegetation. they love food that flies.

Last edited:
I have think use a fan to prevent the mois to produce a bacteria infection, does someone know if the breeze affect the jacksoniis in a bad way?

Back
Top Bottom