Jacksonii ready to drop ( I think )

BocaJan

I bought a female Jacksonii 2 months ago and ascertained that she was gravid. She is now so plump she can barely sit on a branch without hanging off to the side. She spends most of the morning under her basking light and only wanders off when I spray her. I make sure to do this 4 times a day. I just moved her to a 2 X 2 X 3 cage with lots of plants so the babies will have plenty of places to drop into.

I an so anxious. This is my first Jackson birth and I am excited. I spend a lot of time in my cham room watching her.

Mine started to get stress markings one to two days before dropping babies. There are several baby care threads including one I started. Enjoy. Cutest things ever!

What sub species of Jackson do you have.? I know you said jacksonii, but is it T. jacksonii jacksonii or T. jacksonii xantholophus?

LizardLover - I can't imagine that she will wait longer than this weekend. She shifts that belly from side to side and doesn't want to move from her branch. I did set her up in a bigger cage. She looked like she needed a bigger one. Tomorrow I will get the baby cage ready.

Is there any reason why I can't use my big terrarium if I use a fan to keep air circulating or should I stick with the screen cage?

An Exo-terra type enclosure would be best, a fan might dry it out too much for the babies. Maybe you can snag one at Midnight Madness.

I shall be watching this thread with great interest! I am getting my first Jackson in a couple of weeks and am eagerly trying to soak up as much information as I can on these guys! My friend's Momma J gave birth 5 weeks ago and two, sadly, were still born and the other 13 are all still doing very well! I can't wait until you are posting pics - I love the little black and white babies complete with horn nubs - they are just the cutest things ever (apart from Veiled babies, lol, nothing is cuter than a Veiled baby)!!:D

Back
Top Bottom