jacksonii merumontanus

The above pic is one of our breeding males we took from Jurgen last may along with another 4.5. we now have 5 F1 bloodlines of baby meru all from last year's summer matings. The youngsters are little soldiers, we also had 15 young from a gravid female on import and had no losses. Tbh there is no better way to create breeding programs that can prolong through generations without inbreeding…..cheers Jurgen

The above pic is one of our breeding males we took from Jurgen last may along with another 4.5. we now have 5 F1 bloodlines of baby meru all from last year's summer matings. The youngsters are little soldiers, we also had 15 young from a gravid female on import and had no losses. Tbh there is no better way to create breeding programs that can prolong through generations without inbreeding…..cheers Jurgen

I agree with you entirely here. I think the real question that has to be asked is whether or not the US market is prepared to start paying 350-400 per animal for Merus. That may end up being what they have to be. Will be interesting to see if the market will bare it.

I agree with you entirely here. I think the real question that has to be asked is whether or not the US market is prepared to start paying 350-400 per animal for Merus. That may end up being what they have to be. Will be interesting to see if the market will bare it.

I know initially it can be quite costly and will take time for them to climatize but you will reap the rewards in the young. F1 youngsters are such a fantastic foothold to trigger breeding programs.

I would bring these Meru in from Jurgen in a heartbeat if enough people were willing to pay $850.00 per pair plus in country shipping !!!
Pm me if interested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom