Jacksonii jacksonii baby cage

cwnannwn

I think my little Olivia is planning an alien invasion. She start out a few months ago a healthy weight. Now she looks like she is storing marbles.

I have been doing research on this subject. I have fruit fly cultures going and building a baby nursery.

I was going to start with two tubs one for the larger size and one for the smaller size babies. After a 48 hour hold, I was going to move them into their own 24x18x5 cage, similar to the dragon strand nursery. Getting the last parts this week will have it built.

How long can we keep them in their baby cages? I know we have to keep them for at least 6 months. AFter that we can find new homes. Each cage will have access to its own uvb and heat lamp.

How do you breeders deal with this?

I don't have the room for 40ish 2x2x4 cages.

I think my little Olivia is planning an alien invasion. She start out a few months ago a healthy weight. Now she looks like she is storing marbles.

I have been doing research on this subject. I have fruit fly cultures going and building a baby nursery.

I was going to start with two tubs one for the larger size and one for the smaller size babies. After a 48 hour hold, I was going to move them into their own 24x18x5 cage, similar to the dragon strand nursery. Getting the last parts this week will have it built.

How long can we keep them in their baby cages? I know we have to keep them for at least 6 months. AFter that we can find new homes. Each cage will have access to its own uvb and heat lamp.

How do you breeders deal with this?

I don't have the room for 40ish 2x2x4 cages.
I'm not an expert in jacksons but I'm pretty sure they need to be separated earlier than other species but if your going to sell the babies you don't need then to all be in a 2x2x4 ive seen people just get a bunch of small screened in zilla cages for their babies

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201004-071011_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20201004-071011_Google.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 100
Well some good news - it is unlikely she will have more than 20 max at a time.
The bad news - if she is actually pregnant and not just passing slugs she will repeat this performance every 2-4 months up to 3-4 times, ususllay just 3.if kept away from a male.
For jack jacks I try to get them out of the group bin and down to pairs within a week but others do go longer. Separated babies grow larger and seem to do better in general.

Back
Top Bottom