jacksonii baby questions

jim734123

I was blessed with 6 mt kenyan jacksonii jacksonii babies on the morning of 8/19.
1. should i keep them in a exoterra 10 in x 10 in by 20 in tall or a small plastic critter keeper that is prob 1 gallon. currently they are in the exoterra.
2. is every one free ranging the fruit flies? or feed cup? any ideas for a small feed cup, sized ect.
3. how many weeks until you can go from fruit flies to pin heads?
4. from my understanding the mom gives birth over about 24 hrs then she is done. is that correct?

i am sure i will have more questions as soon enough. also if any one has any advice it would be appreciated.

Congrats on your babies! Fruit flies will do for the first month or two. Pinheads are just as good or better if you can find them. You can keep up to 6 in a small screen cage[I used a 16x16x20] up to 3 or 4 months. You'll have to start seperating them at that age. They need a basking spot of no more than 80 , humidity , & air flow[screen cage] , lots of misting. Good luck with them,they are awsome to raise ..

Congratulations on the babies!
1. Either is fine, just be sure the temps don't get too hot in there (I keep mine about 72-74 daytime/low 60's nighttime).
2. I do free range, there is no way to keep fruit flies in a cup, they climb everything. I free range crickets also.
3. You can feed crickets immediately, but be sure to have fruit flies as well. I personally don't like pinhead crickets as they die too easily, but fed my j. Jacksonii babies 1/8" crickets after they had been feeding a few days on fruit flies. I offer both every day and give them as much as they'll eat.
4. The actual birth lasts only an hour or two.

If you have other questions, you're also welcome to PM me.

some pics of the babies...............

Attachments

• babies in tank.jpg
    babies in tank.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 119
  • babies.jpg
    babies.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 139
  • baby tank.jpg
    baby tank.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 120
  • both set ups.jpg