Jackson shower?

felix

Hello guys, I've had my two young jacksons for two weeks from today. They're eating and drinking well, but they always seem like they could use some more water. I was thinking of using the shower to hydrate them some more. I have a 36 in. ficus and I was going to use lukewarm water and hit it off of the glass and back on to them. I was just wondering if anyone had any additional tips or if I should do this differently.

Thanks a million,
Jack

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 172
I don't know anything about jacksons but I don't give my panther showers any more. I just use the Aquazamp raindome. He usually sits outside of the rain and drinks from leaves but sometimes he charges into the middle of the rain and lifts his chin and just sokes it up. Now I just let him be the judge of when he needs a shower.

I have a year old jackson and she loves the shower. Just warm water will do the trick. You can always up your misting times because they come from a cooler more damp environment than other breeds of chams like panthers/veilds so they enjoy the extra moisture. I just got a fogger/humidifier to help keep humidity up and it works like a charm!

Yeah, I just want to make sure they're getting enough water because whenever I mist them they seem to not catch that much water. I might just try the shower treatment and see how that goes. Thanks a million!

Hello guys, I've had my two young jacksons for two weeks from today. They're eating and drinking well, but they always seem like they could use some more water. I was thinking of using the shower to hydrate them some more. I have a 36 in. ficus and I was going to use lukewarm water and hit it off of the glass and back on to them. I was just wondering if anyone had any additional tips or if I should do this differently.

Thanks a million,
Jack

Your Jacksons are so cute!!! Just thought I point that out! :)

Last edited:
They look good. You might want to try using a dripper. When you use a dripper it gives them time to drink up. I only use a dripper with my Jackson's when inside and they do fine.

Also you might want to separate them. They my be ok now but your female will get pregnant and will not want to be near or even see your male.

I don't know anything about jacksons but I don't give my panther showers any more. I just use the Aquazamp raindome. He usually sits outside of the rain and drinks from leaves but sometimes he charges into the middle of the rain and lifts his chin and just sokes it up. Now I just let him be the judge of when he needs a shower.

I think this is the best idea!! I hear people all the time putting chams in there showers. I for 1 dont want my cham drinking all that chlorine and tap water crap..... & if you add hot water into the mix its even worse if you have an electric water heater,, its full of heavy metals too!!! I would assume your misting or rain dome water is RO filtered or bottled?????;)

I'm currently showering my 9 month male veiled since he looked just the tiniest bit dehydrated sine I installed my mistking. (He hasn't gotten used to it yet, so it scares him and he stays away from the mist which means he doesn't get as much water.) I'll let you know how it goes, but I think showers could benefit all tropical species.

Try a humidifier. Get a decent one ( I like the 45.00 model at Walgreens) and run good water threw it, I use distilled water, doesn't leave residue and is cheap. Put it on a timer and run it for a hour every two hours and it will keep your humidity at a good level and offer another water source. I still use a large dripper and I also spray to give him a shower and reach plants that don't get water from the other sources. My Jackson is doing good with his setup so I hope this help you.

Back
Top Bottom