Jackson Self enpregnation?

PoobILoveU

Is it possible for jackson chameleons to have babies while not having a mate? I think I saw someone talking about that on this forum.

I heard they can can self inpregnate themselves by storing sperm. True or False.

Is it possible for jackson chameleons to have babies while not having a mate? I think I saw someone talking about that on this forum.

I heard they can can self inpregnate themselves by storing sperm. True or False.
I know only a tiny bit about Jackson’s. If never mated, they will pass slugs...essentially infertile egg sacs. If they have been mated, they can store some sperm and fertilize at least one future clutch.

I know only a tiny bit about Jackson’s. If never mated, they will pass slugs...essentially infertile egg sacs. If they have been mated, they can store some sperm and fertilize at least one future clutch.
My mom got it for my birthday, So im not sure if she was paired with another Jackson chameleon in the cage she was in. If she was, Im assuming she would have a clutch. I'll ask about it when she comes home.

I never mated my Jackson and had her for a couple months and got her when she was still somewhat small. I’ve also heard about them storing sperm and other stuff about having babies without mating. I doubt whoever had her before me mated her because she was still young. But to make a somewhat long story short February 27th I woke up to about 4-5 unfertilized eggs and 14 baby chameleon but 1 passed.

Attachments

• C396B407-3A3A-43CB-A9E4-6060308504D2.jpeg
    C396B407-3A3A-43CB-A9E4-6060308504D2.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 98
I suspect a sibling over the holy ghost but I wasn't there to see it.
Many mass breeders, wild caught collectors and flippers will house them in groups. I don't breed my females until they are a year and a half old but they can be impregnated earlier especially xanths. They can store sperm for many many months. They have no anatomy that would allow them to self impregnate like some simpler life forms do.

I never mated my Jackson and had her for a couple months and got her when she was still somewhat small. I’ve also heard about them storing sperm and other stuff about having babies without mating. I doubt whoever had her before me mated her because she was still young. But to make a somewhat long story short February 27th I woke up to about 4-5 unfertilized eggs and 14 baby chameleon but 1 passed.
What did you do with all of your babies? The exact same thing happened to me! Lol

Bill Strand of Chameleon Academy talks about this in a post in his Facebook group and I believe he said they can impregnate themselves more than once but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom