Jackson Resting Head

localina13

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Screen Cage 24x24x36

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 2 18" Reptisun 5.0 linear lights

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
no basking spot 78 max daytime temp. 72 nighttime temp. temp gun, sensor thermometer.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
50 to 80%

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Aboricola Sheffelra
Pathos
And a little bit of artificial

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Located in spare room low traffic, near fan and air vents, cage sits on a table.

Location - Where are you geographically located?
Florida

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Jackson, Male, @ 9 months, have had for @ 1 month

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
twice a month

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Crickets, phoenix worms, mealworms. Crickets are a staple (3 a day) phoenix worms & mealworms on occasion. In the morning after he has been up for around an hour. Gut-loading- Collard greens, squash, carrots (on occasion) apples (on occasion)

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Herptivite- Twice a month
Calcium- without D3- Twice a week
Calcium- W/D3- Twice a month

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?Misting System. 7 times a day varies from 1 to 5 min. Yes we see cham drinking.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?Dark brown pellet like droppings, white uratre. Yes he tested negative for parasites.

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.
Have noticed cham resting head on the vine. His eyes are open and looks good. He has been eating and drinking normal. We took him to the vet a few weeks ago and did a fecal and urate exam. And everything checked out perfect and the vet even said how nice his skin was. We called the vet today and she said we could drop him off and she could run bloodwork if we were concerned, however i don't want to create stress if it is not neccessary. Any input would be greatly apperciated. Thanks everyone

My female veiled does the samething, instead of standing on the vine she kind of lays on the vine, I think this normal but I could be wrong.

if he is alert and active during the day then i wouldnt worry about just that, unless it begins to be accompanied by other changes in appearance or behavior/edit/ its not an uncommon cham behavior, and i think its probably even more common in older horned species (particularly the smaller more delicate ones , larger horned species like deremensis excluded)

Back
Top Bottom