Jackson not eating

pablown209

I have a Jackson chameleon couple months old almost a year i believe (got him on underground reptiles) he has not eaten since wensday night which kinda worries me cause everytime id put him worms or crickets he would at least eat 2. He looks healthy to me, still lets me pick him up (kinda scared of me never bites) please help ill upload pics.
First pic is a week ago & 2nd is him today. He also likes to hang upside down alot under his light? If that matters

20200201_211524.jpg

20200214_181650.jpg

He not a year old i know that. He is really active running around in his cage rn as we speak, i just fed him right now by mouth by rubbing the cricket around his mouth and he ate it but he seems in good health just not eating. He recently shed. I also bought Large crickets instead of small my mistake, maybe hes still full?

Attachments

• 15817367644703739991716363546373.jpg
    15817367644703739991716363546373.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 110
So
He not a year old i know that. He is really active running around in his cage rn as we speak, i just fed him right now by mouth by rubbing the cricket around his mouth and he ate it but he seems in good health just not eating. He recently shed. I also bought Large crickets instead of small my mistake, maybe hes still full?

so! lets go with that.. and first Q : is this machos or xanth? male-female

add many many details, read the care sheet Molly front you and tell us if there many discrepancy between your husbandry and the actual care sheet

Here is the "how to ask for help form" please fill the with many many details "help us to help you ;) "

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Jackson’s do well when their enclosure is well lit. I would ad some white led or anything in the « daylight » spectrum, so he can see better his food and stuff. He will feel more secure as well as he will actually see something. Chams have good eyes, but it has to be a lot of light.
And they do not eat as much as veiled or panthers, because they are a mountain species. Male like yours, should eat no more than 6 large crickets or equivalent, every other day.
It is important that you gut load your feeders with good greens and NOT over do vitamins, as Jackson’s don’t tolerate well over supplementation.
Use a phosphorus free PLAIN calcium each feeding.
Use a LOW VITAMIN D calcium and vitamins powder like the Repashy calcium plus LoD twice a month.
And like others said, you DON’T want heat AND humidity.
If you mist or use fogger, ALL your heating light or devices must be turned off. So you are better of misting early in morning and late in evening, before lights go off.

Hopefully @JacksJill can help you.

We need more information...like temperatures in the cage and basking area...UVB light info...watering etc....in order to have a chance to help you.

Back
Top Bottom