jackson in dirt.

scerbz

My roommate picked up a jackson yesterday. Its spent most of its time in the dirt next to the base of the hibiscus in its housing. Whats the deal? Is this normal? I've heard of jacksons behaving as such.

Alright. Ill let him know. He doesn't seems much to be eating it, just digging, then hangs out. Aprox temp is 80. Using fogger to make humid.

Alright. Ill let him know. He doesn't seems much to be eating it, just digging, then hangs out. Aprox temp is 80. Using fogger to make humid.

If he only seems to be digging, he might be female. Does the chameleon have horns? If so, he's just digging for fun.

I would still put large rocks over the dirt, that way he may not accidentally eat the dirt while hunting (or they eat it on purpose sometimes just because they're curious) and they might become impacted and die.

Your temp is fine, but make sure the cage has a cooler side, maybe 70 degrees away from the basking light so he can thermoregulate.

Fogger is fine usually.

Here is a care sheet that i studied over when I got my Cham, it may help you too they are very sensitive reptiles, and if they do not have. Proper husbandry they won't last long :( good luck to you and your room mate, If you have any more questions feel free to ask:)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

It's ajackson, saint jimmy, female or not it should never be digging, since Jackson's don't lay eggs.

What is the basking temp?

How much foliage is in the cage?

Back
Top Bottom