Jackson Feeding Help

felix

I have two young jacksons that are around five months old. I've been feeding them crickets and they're eating a ton of them. They seem to have no interest in anything else, I've tried mealworms and butterworms but they have no interest in them. I was just wondering if anyone has any feeding advice, Thanks!

Bee pollen tablets

Have you tried blending up bee pollen tablets and dusting the worms in that? I've heard it is a good apetite stimulant for Jackson's. Let me know if it works :)

i usually take a small cup and hang it in the cgae with worms in it and leave the chams to try them at their own pace. often they are gone when i return and after a few time they seem to start recognizing the worms and get excited when they see them. i only use worms once or twice a week on treat day..:)

My guy loves flies. Only problem is he won't eat anything else now. Working on getting back to crickets. Can try wax worms as a starter for worm introduction. They are small and my guy loves them. After he ate wax worms I was able to transition to horn worms. Remember wax worms are a great only, never a staple feeder. Good luck. Keep us posted.
PS: Some lizards, my anoles, love moths! Might try some good, clean, safe moths also.

Back
Top Bottom