Jackson chameleon stoped eating

raphael14

Established Member
I brought a young Jackson chameleon last Friday to my house it was with other pets on a very hot shed, sharing a plastic bin with another Jackson. I took it home i bought a Terrarium. as soon as i set it up the chameleon ate like 3 or 4 crickets after that i haven't see him eat any more, he drank a lot of water the first day also. He's not moving to much. i check the temperature and i try to keep it a 70 to 85 and at night 65 to 70, the humidity i try to keep it at 85 to 100. I do not have a UV light yet. What should i do?

help please

Help, i have a baby jackson. he initially ate a lot throughout the day. the last two days i haven't seen him eat at all. I'm getting worried. help?

I brought a young Jackson chameleon last Friday to my house it was with other pets on a very hot shed, sharing a plastic bin with another Jackson. I took it home i bought a Terrarium. as soon as i set it up the chameleon ate like 3 or 4 crickets after that i haven't see him eat any more, he drank a lot of water the first day also. He's not moving to much. i check the temperature and i try to keep it a 70 to 85 and at night 65 to 70, the humidity i try to keep it at 85 to 100. I do not have a UV light yet. What should i do?

Drop your temps...day temp should not go above the low 80s. Night time temps into the low 60s. Humidity should not be constantly that high...the cage needs to dry out periodically. Get your UV light ASAP. A ReptiSun 5.0 is recommended. Keep giving him a lot of water multiple times a day as he is probably stressed from the heat and dehydrated. Dehydrated chams don't or can't eat.

I agree with lowering your night time temperatures. I read constantly on the forums that people keep their Jackson's at 70 degrees at night. I'm not sure if people are aware that Jackson's live in the mountains and regularly see temps in the 40's at night. I have a Xantholophus that I'm keeping outside and temperatures have been in the 30's, as low as 32 and he is doing great. I also have a bunch of other Jackson's including 5 month old Meru's that see temps in the low 50's high 40's and they are all thriving.

Back
Top Bottom